Pot load of trouble on Enchantment and Adventure

Your whole argument conveniently does not mention that Marijuana is a DEA Schedule 1 Drug (by DEA definition "the most dangerous drugs"), and because it is so classified it is virtually impossible to get approval for clinical trials. Essentially the government declared it guilty before trial, and indeed forbids trials. I certain expect that marijuana, like most things, has down sides, but for the Govenment to lump it with heroin, LSD, ecstasy and meth as one of the most dangerous drugs defies credibility.

While most dangerous is included in the definition of Schedule I drugs, it also includes "no accepted medical use" and "high potential for abuse."

While most dangerous is included in the definition of Schedule I drugs, it also includes "no accepted medical use" and "high potential for abuse."
"Includes" implies most dangerous AND/OR no acceptable medical use and high potential for abuse. Quoting directly from DEA http://www.justice.gov/dea/druginfo/ds.shtml

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence.

DEA says Schedule I drugs ARE the most dangerous drugs. DEA ALSO says they have no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.I see no wiggle room to put an "OR" in DEA's statement. Do you truly think that can be read otherwise?

For the record I do not use marijuana nor do I smoke tobacco. I do drink alcohol. I don't think that the recreational use of ANY of those products is best for health, yet I continue to use one of the three. IMO the US proved beyond doubt with the 18th Amendment (prohibition of alcohol) that the Government could create major criminal enterprises. I think it is time to declare victory on the War on Drugs and put the money being wasted on that war into education and rehabilitation.

"Includes" implies most dangerous AND/OR no acceptable medical use and high potential for abuse. Quoting directly from DEA http://www.justice.gov/dea/druginfo/ds.shtml

Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence.

DEA says Schedule I drugs ARE the most dangerous drugs. DEA ALSO says they have no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.I see no wiggle room to put an "OR" in DEA's statement. Do you truly think that can be read otherwise?

For the record I do not use marijuana nor do I smoke tobacco. I do drink alcohol. I don't think that the recreational use of ANY of those products is best for health, yet I continue to use one of the three. IMO the US proved beyond doubt with the 18th Amendment (prohibition of alcohol) that the Government could create major criminal enterprises. I think it is time to declare victory on the War on Drugs and put the money being wasted on that war into education and rehabilitation.

The point is you can't quantify 'most dangerous' so there were other reasons why it ended up a Schedule I drug. In fact, it's the only Schedule I that can be charged as a misdemeanor. I'm not saying it should be a Schedule I but I'm not saying it should be legalized either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk