The Prides final two cruises in Pictures

Emperor Norton

The table on the left with the blue tablecloth was a form of bowling. A ball was placed in the foot of a pair of panythose. The waist was then put around the players head and they tried to swing the ball to knock down the pins. The midships puddle was caused by another bowling variation: waterballon bowling. Instead of a normal ball guests tried to roll a waterballoon.

DSC_4622-XL.jpg

This game was a taste test - see what flavors you could identify in each item.

DSC_4623-XL.jpg

DSC_4631-XL.jpg

DSC_4625-XL.jpg

This game consisted of trying to stuff the coveralls with balloons

DSC_4627-XL.jpg

DSC_4628-XL.jpg

There was an extra demonstration after the flair. Those that stuck around were treated to a demonstration of interpersonal combat using contained dihydrogen monoxide grenades.

Karl collecting ammunition

DSC_4727-XL.jpg

It looks like that might have been a hit

DSC_4728-XL.jpg

Karl tosses again

DSC_4729-XL.jpg

It seems Karl followed Brave Sir Robins advice and ran away

DSC_4731-XL.jpg

Only to come back with more ammunition

DSC_4732-XL.jpg

David E using what appear to be basketball moves

DSC_4730-XL.jpg

Edited by Emperor Norton

Our next/final stop prior to Barcelona was Funchal.

I know there are countless threads on "Should I tour on my own or use a Seabourn tour" so I'll try to be brief. For Funchal stay FAR FAR away from the Seabourn tours. As most of the passengers are repeat cruisers who have been here before chances are very good that the tours won't get enough sign ups. Further by the time you're told the tour is cancelled you won't have enough time to book something on your own (eg: The only reason I squeaked in at Reids palace was a group had to reschedule after not meeting the dress code).

It was an interesting port and even after both my tours were cancelled I was able to wander the downtown area, get accosted by what appeared to be a homeless man and sneak into Reids for high tea.

The Prides last sailaway port.

DSC_4745-XL.jpg

This didn't look quite as comfortable

DSC_4747-XL.jpg

DSC_4748-XL.jpg

DSC_4749-XL.jpg

Seabourn had a shuttle running into the center of the downtown area. It was immedialtely after using an ATM at the drop off/pick up site that I was accosted by someone who kept asking for money. Thankfully it was easy to just outwalk the guy.

DSC_4751-XL.jpg

DSC_4752-XL.jpg

The clotted cream was good, but this butter was the cats meow.

DSC_4802-XL.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the scone. However it was a very good scone. Very light - not like the hockeypucks that pass for scones at some places back here.

Out of the two segments this was the one port the chef offered a shopping with the chef tour.

DSC_4807-XL.jpg

DSC_4808-XL.jpg

DSC_4809-XL.jpg

The Prides final passenger sail away as a Seabourn vessel. Sadly one of the songs they played was more appropriate for Crystal Cruises (who plays it when leaving every port save 1). The sail away was supposed to happen during the on deck epicurean event. However the ship really didn't want to go to Windstar. One of the engines too about an hour and a half to get started - which is why there were so few people on deck by the time we actually sailed away.

What a fantastic pictorial record of the Pride's final journeys. Hope you will not be depressed by the following picture of her sitting in the harbour in Barcelona having her name scrubbed out.

Thank you for posting that. For a while there was a FB group for a certain three wee ships sailing under a certain companies banner. Initially that group seemed to be open to everyone, however at the insistence of a single current Seabourn officer it was cut off from the "average" passenger. Currently its locked down to Seabourn staff/former seabourn staff and their 'pet' passengers. That group had more pictures of the final days of the ship before being transferred to Windstar. Reminds me I should find and post my final few photos.:o

• 1 month later...

A farewell to the Pride written by Deborah Hampson, Seabourn Club Rep. Read on the final Seabourn Club night (2 images)

Click on the images to be taken to my SmugMug site where you can enlarge the image if desired

HM001-L.jpg

HM002-L.jpg

Edited by Emperor Norton