The Prides final two cruises in Pictures

Emperor Norton

I should have used a helmet or body mounted Go-Pro and kept my hands busy keeping me on the banana.

DSCN0207-XL.jpg

Oops, after a header I'm in the drink.

DSCN0210-XL.jpg

This banana seems to have lost some people

DSCN0214-XL.jpg

Laugh it up photographer in the boat

DSCN0215-XL.jpg

They stayed on

DSCN0216-XL.jpg

Back on the platform out of the drink (more importantly out of the sun!)

DSCN0217-XL.jpg

After a brief recovery from my ejection it was dinner time.

DSCN0218-XL.jpg

Extra foie pour moi s'il vous plait

DSCN0219-XL.jpg

Steak Diane, done tableside. This time around there wasn't any wonky pre-cooking.

DSCN0220-XL.jpg

DSCN0221-XL.jpg

DSCN0222-XL.jpg

They left out the conspiracy theory behind one of the below mentioned pirates

DSCN0223-XL.jpg

The next stop was Basseterre St. Kitts.

While the eggs Benedict was ok (inconsistent Hollandaise and I think it would've killed them to learn how to properly toast things) I found that they were very good at making an omelette.

DSCN0224-XL.jpg

Had I decided to wander on my own I think I would've just gone from rum hut to rum hut sampling the product. The port was sadly surrounded by shops owned by Carnival and RCCI.

I ended up taking a bus/train tour around the island. Sadly there were no stops planned for any of the plywood bars we passed.

If you do take the train I have a few suggestions. 1. Sit up top and 2. Do everything you can to avoid being in the first car after the engine. The engine can be very loud (especially with the horn) and stinks.

All aboard!

DSC_4083-XL.jpg

The little (noisy, smelly) engine that could.

DSC_4084-XL.jpg

It was intersting to note that the biggest investment came from the Chinese (both PRC and ROC). While the ROC was working on improving agriculture the PRC was providing schools.

DSC_4085-XL.jpg

DSC_4087-XL.jpg

DSC_4088-XL.jpg

Edited by Emperor Norton

It was one of those tours where the houses of all the important people on the island were carefully pointed out.

DSC_4105-XL.jpg

Unlike the wine train in Napa, locals seemed to enjoy seeing the train go by.

DSC_4107-XL.jpg

DSC_4109-XL.jpg

DSC_4110-XL.jpg

DSC_4111-XL.jpg

The top of the car. We had rum punch, pina coladas, and water available. Every now and then a local singing group would come up and sing.

DSC_4112-XL.jpg

A tower from a (sugar cane) processor

DSC_4113-XL.jpg

The remains of the windmill for that processor

DSC_4114-XL.jpg

DSC_4118-XL.jpg

The train brought us to the trainyard/site of future economic development. You too can buy your citizenship (I think it was 'only' ~ $50k USD). This was right next to the airport.

Part of the new construction

DSC_4119-XL.jpg

DSC_4121-XL.jpg

DSC_4126-XL.jpg

There was a minor oops at the end of the train ride. Our bus wouldn't be back for another oh 20-30+ minutes. No problem, well just hang out in the shade. Oh there wasn't much of that either. On these benches, well there really wasn't any seating. So we did what any logical tourists would do: hijacked the next bus that dropped off passengers.

Right by the airport:

DSC_4123-XL.jpg

We were dropped off near the ship so we had to navigate through the Carnival/RCCI owned shops.

Tempting but after viewing their bar they didn't seem to have much more on offer than Nelson, and he said today drinks were on the house so that made skipping here a no brainer.

DSC_4127-XL.jpg

The colorful entrance/exit to the port

DSC_4128-XL.jpg

French invasion

DSC_4129-XL.jpg

DSC_4130-XL.jpg

DSC_4131-XL.jpg

DSC_4132-XL.jpg

DSC_4134-XL.jpg

DSC_4135-XL.jpg

Someone in this picture isn't 21. They came up to the bar and said "Im 18, whats the drinking age?" Needless to say at that point there was no hope of beer.

DSC_4136-XL.jpg

It was around this time that I was made. Someone guessed who I was on cruise critic. For the rest of the cruise and the one after I was either: 1.that guy that writes on CC, 2. That guy that works for CC, 3. That guy thats like a secret shopper for cruises. Ah well.

DSC_4137-XL.jpg

"...it's like raaaain on your sailaway..."

DSC_4138-XL.jpg

This is a brief interlude to mention:

1. The maple syrup on Seabourn this time was Aunt Jemima Original which contains 0% maple syrup. BOO.

2. There was a senior staff member who couldn't remember his pleases and thank yous. He'd order with "ill have" or "give me" no please, no thank you. Had I been one of the guests that person had dined with I would've asked for homey the clowns bean filled whack-bonk.

The chef AFAIK didn't offer a shopping tour for any port in the Caribbean. So while the passengers on Epicurean night had to make do with stuff that was already on board the staff were treated to a very nice wine and cheese party as Karl Eckl while in full uniform was able to go ashore and secure some awesome cheeses for the crew to try. Pity Karl didn't drag the chef along. I don't think the chef should have the option to skip this tour, it reeked of ignorance and a touch of something Id rather not mention.

While on St. Barts we had to moor a bit further out due to a yacht race. Thankfully unlike the Americas cup these were actual yacts.

St. Barts was our next port of call. It was a bonus port as we would be anchored in the middle of a yacht race.

DSC_4148-XL.jpg

I believe there were some shops on the island

DSC_4150-XL.jpg

As I wanted to watch the race from the Pride I just wandered around their downtown area (a somewhat less upscale French Rodeo drive). Aside from rental cars it seemed rental quads were also popular, though in this traffic I would've rather had a bike.

DSC_4152-XL.jpg

DSC_4154-XL.jpg

DSC_4156-XL.jpg

Can anyone help with this? Why would gloves not be allowed?

DSC_4157-XL.jpg

Prickly Pear had two issues. One was a passenger that wasn't giving equal access to photograph/video the caviar in the surf (youll see him in my video) the other were a number of people who were very obviously not from Seabourn that showed up to eat and drink the food and beverages the passengers had paid for. Perhaps in the future Seabourn could hire some kind of security to keep the freed loaders out?

Other than that it was a nice time to either relax on the beach, enjoy the water toys one last time or go for a swim.

The first free loaders on their way over.

DSCN0236-XL.jpg

The actual name of the establishment that was used.

DSCN0237-XL.jpg

Inside the covered bar

DSCN0239-XL.jpg

DSCN0240-XL.jpg