Sunshine First Impression

CruiseHealing

We have been on the Sunshine for about 3 hours now. We were on the Destiny about four years ago. Two years ago we sailed the Carnival Dream.

The ship, without question, it is the most amenity filled ship in the fleet. The Lido Dining areas are very well spread out. So far the food for lunch was very good with DW getting the burrito and I having a Guys Burger. Both very very good.

We got to the port just before 11 am. Boarded one hour later. We are sitting in the Serenity deck in front on the waterfall. Lots of open chairs. I may change that comment later after a day at sea.

Muster drill in a bit, so that is all for now.

We finally have sometime for . . .

CruiseHealing

We loved the ship! Just got off her after doing the repo cruise. The best place to eat on the lido was in the very back in the Havana bar, ji ji's and cucina's very empty and quiet, we ate there almost everyday for breakfast and lunch. The only down part was the liquid lounge, the way they changed it was a big mistake. It can't handle the amount of people wanting to see the show's. Every night it was standing room. The cd I think is not to happy with it either. Also, the stink on deck 3 outside and in the lounge was pretty bad most days. Other then that it's probably one of my favorite ships to sail. And that was our 29 carnival cruise, so that says a lot!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Eat at JiJi's well worth it. I ate there 3 times out if 6 days and once at the Steakhouse (which was noisy that night, seems to be more lit then others, but great food.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off today for our Anniversary Cruise. We had a blast. We loved all the options for dining. Loved Guys burgers and the Pasta. The Serenity area is awesome and we enjoyed it a lot! The new colors in Lido and other areas were really pretty. We had fast service in the main dining area. Carnival gave us a discount on a balcony upgrade which made it even more wonderful. We tried the slides once to see if we should bring the kids next time and they were loads of fun. We would love to sail Sunshine again.

Have fun!

More so than the Breeze?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the repo cruise and I missed the Magic everyday!! I was not that thrilled with the Sunshine. I doubt we will sail on her again unless it is just too good to pass up...

We did 28 days on the sunshine, cabin 2170. So much to see and do. The ocean plaza on deck 5, I think, also served breakfast. I loved that area just to relax in. I didn't like the set up for the liquid lounge for the shows. They keep the doors closed so you can't go in early. We stood in a huge line just to get in the shows. But other than that they have a nice camp carnival play area. The sports square with all types of activities for kids and grown ups was great. Our whole trip we remarked just how the grand kids would love this. Hope to get them on it soon. The serenity area is so beautiful. Sure there are some areas near the music on the lido but if you walk to the aft it's peaceful. Steakhouse was wonderful.

More so than the Breeze?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. The Sunshine doesn't have Pub Grub in the Red Frog, the Liquid Lounge is horrible when it comes to bar service during a show, the bartenders can't get to the center on the floor. The Limelight Lounge has to employ TV's because some of the seating is behind the stage. The steakhouse is one of the smallest in the fleet. And to me the whole aft Lido is too dark and makes me claustrophobic. No nightstands in most of the cabins. And the smallest bathrooms that I've ever seen.

Not my favorite ship by a long shot.

We just got off the ship this morning around 8 am (Platinium Cruisers). It only took 2 hours to get home, we live in northeast Florida. We had the laundry done and everything put away, and the lawn mowed by 11:30 am. Man do I Love living in Florida!

Overall, a very very good cruise. The only issue we had in our "L" Shaped cabin on Deck 7 with a bowling alley balcony was that the A/C stopped working during Easter morning and early afternoon. Supposedly they were working on the A/C section we were in. The cabin got to a stifling 90+ degrees. I had to open the cabin and balcony doors to get the temp to 84. When the technician came to the room to check on the internal ducts he asked me not to keep the doors open because it disrupts the A/C. I had to remind him we had NO A/C!

For an eight day cruise, we did not have enough time to do everything we wanted on the cruise. What did we not get to, you may ask, well: Pasta Bar, Liquid Lounge late evening dancing, water slides, game room, Latin dance lesson, taste bar, etc.

The Cruise Director Jamie was very energetic. Which is a plus because she tries to get people involved, but also a minus in that she seems to never stops talking. She ruined two really good naps on the Serinity Deck with her talk show on the big screen and some contest involving men at the Lido Pool. We were on the top Serenity Deck at the front of the ship and we could still hear her. Please turn the volume down on the big screen, your scaring the fish and ruining good naps.

We are looking at doing the Sunshine again for our traditional Pre-Christmas Cruise. A lot of things have to line up first, so we won't book until late summer.

Finally, quick note to Shawn (or Sean) and Shelia from O-Town. It was nice talking to you yesterday in the stairway of the Serinity Deck. Take care and keep in touch.

Enjoying the Memories of our first Sunshine . . .

CruiseHealing

The only issue we had in our "L" Shaped cabin on Deck 7 with a bowling alley balcony was that the A/C stopped working during Easter morning and early afternoon.

CruiseHealing

Other than the A/C how did you like your cabin/balcony? Was their a lot of vibration? Just curious. We have one booked on another ship. Balcony looks awesome!!

Thanks!

Other than the A/C how did you like your cabin/balcony? Was their a lot of vibration? Just curious. We have one booked on another ship. Balcony looks awesome!!

Thanks!

No vibration more than other cabins. The balcony was very spacious and we sat there throughout the entire sail away. It had 2 chairs, 2 tables and 1 lounge chair. It is without any question our favorite cabin and we will be looking for a chance to book another L shaped cabin soon.

An interesting note, we had a regular balcony cabin up to a month before our sailing. One Sunday morning, I by chance, decided to see how many cabins were left in the Aft portion of the ship, and I noticed the L shaped cabin was available. It was given up by someone, so we snatched it up. Since it was the same class of our original cabin there was NO price change!

We did 28 days on the sunshine, cabin 2170. So much to see and do. The ocean plaza on deck 5, I think, also served breakfast. I loved that area just to relax in. I didn't like the set up for the liquid lounge for the shows. They keep the doors closed so you can't go in early. We stood in a huge line just to get in the shows. But other than that they have a nice camp carnival play area. The sports square with all types of activities for kids and grown ups was great. Our whole trip we remarked just how the grand kids would love this. Hope to get them on it soon. The serenity area is so beautiful. Sure there are some areas near the music on the lido but if you walk to the aft it's peaceful. Steakhouse was wonderful.

perhaps it'll deter people from arriving really early if they have to stand...as if lol.

how early did u find urself needing to line up to grab a seat?

cannot wait for our turn, really liked the Destiny several years ago especially the crew.