Hotel in Rome, Pre-Cruise

jfer8580

i just booked the albergo del senato.. a small hotel right across from the pantheon.. according to reviews it is within walking distance to trevi, colloseum, etc.. I booked because of location... i took a refundable rate because if the St. Regis decides to 'giveaway'rooms just before our dates I will move to the st. regis... right now I would have to give them my first born, second born, etc.. and that's just for breakfast.. breakfast is 100 euros pp..and I am paying for 5 of us...lol

We stayed at the del Senato in May 2011 and the location is terrific. If the roof bar is open, it's a nice spot to enjoy a drink. But the hotel is quite pricey. Rooms are small but well-kept. Not sure this is within the OP's budget but glad it fits yours.

We stayed at the del Senato in May 2011 and the location is terrific. If the roof bar is open, it's a nice spot to enjoy a drink. But the hotel is quite pricey. Rooms are small but well-kept. Not sure this is within the OP's budget but glad it fits yours.

I think we will be raising the bar a bit...HA!! I checked this out but it is booked for our dates. Thanks though, it looks nice.

Not sure that it will be in your budget but we stayed at Residenza Coronari ai Canali in 2012 pre-cruise and loved the location and our balconies. Less than two blocks from Piazza Navona.

I think I may book this one if not an apartment....it looks nice, got good reviews and in a great location. It's a bit more than we wanted to spend but not by too much and hey, it's our first time in Rome, might as well do it right...HA!!

Sorry i missed a number VRBO 221275

Ahhhh....found it and it looks great and well within our budget....problem is they require 4 nights and we only need three....figures!! I may give them a call to see if they will waive the fourth night. No safe but we can live with that!!

I don't think our rooms are small.. I booked the suites...each has a private bedroom and separate living room..we are staying 2 nites and yes it is pricey but the location is good... within op's budget might be the quirinale or artimede.. both within walking distance to everything...

Edited by Host Star

I love the del Senato, it's my favorite hotel in Rome. But it can be fairly pricey in high season.

(Small rooms are pretty standard in European hotels. Don't count on American-style space. Then again, you're in Rome -- how much time will you be spending in your room? ;))

Ahhhh....found it and it looks great and well within our budget....problem is they require 4 nights and we only need three....figures!! I may give them a call to see if they will waive the fourth night. No safe but we can live with that!!

Send and inquiry listing your 3 nights and Michella will get back with you pretty quick. We stayed 3 nights in November and I think it said min 4 nights also. Also we paid $100 Euro a night and it was listed on VRBO at a higher price. Also no deposit and no extra fees of any kind. Larry

Send and inquiry listing your 3 nights and Michella will get back with you pretty quick. We stayed 3 nights in November and I think it said min 4 nights also. Also we paid $100 Euro a night and it was listed on VRBO at a higher price. Also no deposit and no extra fees of any kind. Larry

Thanks.....that's what I'm going to do.

i just booked the albergo del senato.. a small hotel right across from the pantheon.. according to reviews it is within walking distance to trevi, colloseum, etc.. I booked because of location... i took a refundable rate because if the St. Regis decides to 'giveaway'rooms just before our dates I will move to the st. regis... right now I would have to give them my first born, second born, etc.. and that's just for breakfast.. breakfast is 100 euros pp..and I am paying for 5 of us...lol

Even the Starwood employee rates for the St. Regis Rome are "2 arms and 2 legs." The Westin Rome is just "1 arm and a leg." ;) And, that's if you CAN find a night they are offering the employee rate…

The Albergo Del Senato is in a great location!!! It is absolutely walkable to ALL the sites from the hotel. And, you are right by the best coffee shop - Caffe d' Oro!!! It's where I pick up my espresso e cornetto in the morning and grab an espresso granita in the afternoon (DO NOT MISS THAT GRANITA!!!!!)