Just off the Sunshine

StaceySteveDMB

We sailed on the Sunshine for two short days. We had a blast! First off let dm suggest to anyone sailing on the Sunshine eat at Cucina del Capitano and Ji Ji Kitchen. We ate at both and can easily say they were the best meals we have ever had on any cruise ship and well worth the extra cost. Red Frog is awesome and the foosball table was a bit hit with my son. The waterworks was spectacular and the Serenity decks were beautiful! Having something to do on deck four was nice and we enjoyed the more open piano bar. The sushi bar was delicious and very fresh. We did big see any buckets collecting water and we did not smell any of the sewage smell people have talked about. Our room was on deck six forward and we won't make that mistake next time. We could here the nightclub in the liquid lounge until 2:00 am both night. All in all a fantastic cruise and we will be sure to sail the Sunshine again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not eat at the steakhouse. Overall entertainment was great! Live full band on ocean plaza, live music in Red Frog, Sophia in the piano bar was great, live shows in main lounge we good though we only went to the welcome aboard show. Two nights is not enough for if all!

We sailed on the Sunshine for two short days. We had a blast! First off let dm suggest to anyone sailing on the Sunshine eat at Cucina del Capitano and Ji Ji Kitchen. We ate at both and can easily say they were the best meals we have ever had on any cruise ship and well worth the extra cost. Red Frog is awesome and the foosball table was a bit hit with my son. The waterworks was spectacular and the Serenity decks were beautiful! Having something to do on deck four was nice and we enjoyed the more open piano bar. The sushi bar was delicious and very fresh. We did big see any buckets collecting water and we did not smell any of the sewage smell people have talked about. Our room was on deck six forward and we won't make that mistake next time. We could here the nightclub in the liquid lounge until 2:00 am both night. All in all a fantastic cruise and we will be sure to sail the Sunshine again!

Yeah, I was in an interior room on deck 7 above the theater/dance club and could hear nothing but Loud thumping every night till around 2 in the morning. I can only imagine how loud it was on deck 6.

We did not eat at the steakhouse. Overall entertainment was great! Live full band on ocean plaza, live music in Red Frog, Sophia in the piano bar was great, live shows in main lounge we good though we only went to the welcome aboard show. Two nights is not enough for if all!

We were getting off The Sunshine on Thursday as you were getting on...we did the 11 day repo cruise out of New Orleans...trust me even 11 days is not enough for it all. :-)

This was only our second cruise (both on Sunshine) so we don't have a lot to compare it to but we had a wonderful time. The live bands in the ocean plaza were fantastic...I enjoyed them as much or more than the production shows. We also enjoyed Sophia in the piano bar. She has a great voice. We thought she was fun, interesting and very talented.

Hopefully you'll get to go back again so you'll be able to enjoy even more of the ship.

Our room was on deck six forward and we won't make that mistake next time. We could here the nightclub in the liquid lounge until 2:00 am both night. All in all a fantastic cruise and we will be sure to sail the Sunshine again!

What was your room number? We're booked in the 4j rooms at the very front of deck 6 but had heard the music wasn't too bad because it was so far to the front...

If you didnt smell the sewage smell then you either got lucky or they fixed the problem before you boarded. I also did the repositioning cruise and let me tell you this ship stunk! It also had a problem with the air conditioning. Some floors were very uncomfortable some ok. I have been on 7 cruises with Carnival and I realize that each ship has its good and bad points but I have never come home from one and said I would never sail on that ship again, I did with the Sunshine.

If you didnt smell the sewage smell then you either got lucky or they fixed the problem before you boarded. I also did the repositioning cruise and let me tell you this ship stunk! It also had a problem with the air conditioning. Some floors were very uncomfortable some ok. I have been on 7 cruises with Carnival and I realize that each ship has its good and bad points but I have never come home from one and said I would never sail on that ship again, I did with the Sunshine.

I agree. The sewage smell was terrible. Seemed to start on Deck 4 Starboard. I heard some saying they could smell it up in their cabins/balconies from there.

We have cruised on several different ships and this was my least favorite. We had a balcony aft empress deck port, close to the elevators. No issues with smells other than when they got the woks started in JiJi. You could smell it in our hall ways.

Amazing how a few people smell the mysterious oder and most don't. We had a large group on the Sunshine a few months back and not one person smelled anything bad the entire cruise and we had co-workers who flew back in yesterday from this cruise who also did not smell anything and want to book the Sunshine again soon. Does make you wonder.

Amazing how a few people smell the mysterious oder and most don't. We had a large group on the Sunshine a few months back and not one person smelled anything bad the entire cruise and we had co-workers who flew back in yesterday from this cruise who also did not smell anything and want to book the Sunshine again soon. Does make you wonder.

I am beginning to think it is people passing gas, the one that smelt it dealt it. Haha! Seriously though, we were on the Conquest in November and could smell a sewage type smell near the stage in the theater. Maybe the shi++er was full?