Seattle cruise terminal to Seatac

Bird Dad

We are booked on the Westerdam Alaska R/T Seattle on 7/28/14. We haven't booked our flights yet, but we realized that the latest flights to the east coast leave around 11 AM. Would we be able to get off the ship early enough to make an 11:30 AM flight or should we just figure on a red eye or wait till the next day?

if you are one of the first off, and everything goes smoothly, you could be at the gate by 9:30am.

if..

your luggage gets misplaced

you dont get off in one of the first groups

customs is slow or backed up

airport TSA lines are long...

then you could get to the gate by 12.

the travel time from the cruise to the airport is about 20 to 30 minutes, traffic isnt too much of an issue on a sat/sunday morning. but all the other stuff can be.

We are booked on the Westerdam Alaska R/T Seattle on 7/28/14. We haven't booked our flights yet, but we realized that the latest flights to the east coast leave around 11 AM. Would we be able to get off the ship early enough to make an 11:30 AM flight or should we just figure on a red eye or wait till the next day?

We were on the Oosterdam May 2013 had a early flight out of SEA-TAC we used luggage direct & took a taxi to the airport and no problem making the flight with time to spare. But took the same cruise in Sept 2013 got delayed at customs then the TSA lines took for ever all most missed our 1:30 pm flight!

It's a crap shoot.

Alaska Airlines has direct afternoon flights from Seattle to:

• Newark, departing at 3:30 PM
  • Washington, DC, departing at 2:00 PM

... and United has a flight to EWR at 4:06, and American has one at 3:30 (might be the same flight as the one you've shown, operated by Alaska Air). Delta has a 1:40p to JFK.

A) I'm pretty sure the Westerdam leaves on the 26th of July and returns on the 2nd of August. The 28th is Juneau day I believe.

B) Yes you have to kill a day in Seattle, but I found a red-eye back to JFK on the 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for the information. We'll most likely opt for a red eye or wait till the next day. I'm the type of person who will stress the entire cruise as to whether or not we would make the flight. Also I noticed that I have the wrong sail date, it's actually 6/28/14.