11:20 am flight

Bases5

We are cruising on the Valor at the end of Sept and it's the only ship in port that day.

11:20 flight should be doable I think

Do you think we are pushing it. Next flight is at 4:30 putting us home after midnight. I start work at 4 am in the morning. I would really like to make the 11:20 flight but don't want to end vacation all stressed out.

Thought's?

I get why you want an earlier flight. Remember, security can be long at SJU..it's a small airport. Get off the ship with the first wave and grab a taxi (or better yet have a private car waiting). You have to be there an hour before to check in. The taxi ride takes about ten or fifteen minutes minutes normally but it's rush hour, so assume longer. You will likely begin disembarking around 8:30.

If you are the only ship in port, it's doable. Good luck!

That should give you plenty of time. Make sure to take your luggage through the agriculture machine before going to check-in. Get off of the ship right away and you will be fine. Taxis are waiting outside the ship to take you wherever you want to go. You will be at the airport within 20 minutes.

Never had a problem either with flights after 11am. I haven't sailed with Carnival from there but I'm sure they have early walk off with your luggage. If so, you can be off the ship early - then just take a cab over. You should have plenty of time since you will beat the ship transfer and any crowd.

Had an 11h30 flight and we had way too much time at the airport as there aren't many shops like at some airports.

We took a taxi and had walk off luggage and no checked luggage with the airlines but we were at the gate by 9h30 am.

Just got off this cruise sunday. We did the self assist that started around 7:00. We got in line around 6:55 to get off the ship and were at the airport at our gate before 8. If you were to wait to get off this ship till 7:30 or 8:00 I could see there being delays as the lines got very long quick.