Snorkelling Sunset House or Eden Rock

gaddgie

Hi

We are returning to GC in August and thinking of spending the day at either Sunset House or Eden Rock.

I have my own gear so dont need to rent. Do I still have to complete their PADI Snorkelling Liability releases or is it just a case of dump your gear on a chair and dive in so to speak.

Now the difficult question. Which is best for a non swimming non snorkelling partner? My wife just likes to sit in the sun in comfort. So its more important she has somewhere comfortable to sit/lie with a bar close to hand.

Thanks in advance.

I have my own gear so dont need to rent. Do I still have to complete their PADI Snorkelling Liability releases or is it just a case of dump your gear on a chair and dive in so to speak.

yep, that's pretty much it - but at either place it is a good idea to stop at the dive shop cuz they will have a map of the area and can give you some good info about where to go and any hazards in the area

Now the difficult question. Which is best for a non swimming non snorkelling partner? My wife just likes to sit in the sun in comfort. So its more important she has somewhere comfortable to sit/lie with a bar close to hand.

In this part, Sunset is the hands down winner because of My Bar. There are places close to Eden Rock but the site itself just has the dive shop. At Sunset House the Mrs can enjoy My Bar and if buying libation and lunch I've never seen them say no to someone using the loungers and the pool.