Schooner on the Grandeur??!!???

I just finished reading through a nice little review of Grandeur's Bahamas cruise from a week or so ago that included the Daily Compasses.

I was kind of appalled/horrified/terrified to note that on that cruise, at least, they had no one playing Piano Bar at nights in the Schooner. There was certainly someone there in December and I have never been on a cruise without a piano bar player. It's WAY past our final payment date, but if RCCL has decided to discontinue their Piano Bar experiences, that could very well be a deal-breaker for me on future cruises...at least on the smaller ships (assuming that they continue having live music in the English Pubs on Voyager Class and above.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this???

Thanx.

Every RCI ship we have been on including two recent cruises with Grandeur July '13 and Independence March '14 had piano bar entertainment every night. I have no information indicating that would be discontinued - and doubt that it would be - and IMO believe your experience was unique and perhaps the result of an illness or late cancellation by the piano man on that particular cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were on Feb 28 8-night Bahamas. And there was someone in the Schooner every night, but it wasn't always listed in the compass. It was posted if they had someone else - the Orchesta Jazz Group, the Rosario - hope this helps.