Decorating Cabin Door

scrapycruiser

Something else I always do is get a cheapie dry erase board with magnets on back and attach to the large wall on cabin across from the beds. When we first ck in I tell the steward if we need anything "extra" that day or something needs attention I'll leave him a note. Same for my room mate if we go to different things and want to meet up later. Also get a magnetic note pad to stick on outside door in case someone wants to leave us a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Check out this link for many pictures of decorated doors.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868538&highlight=door+signs

Thanks for sharing!! I love the fun signs! I was wondering if Princess "signage" needed to be a little more conservative but it looks like I can have fun with it :)

Here's an example of a sign I created for each cabin in our group - it's very simple.

PrincessRomyPeter_zps5fbcc4d4.jpg

Thanks for sharing!! I love the fun signs! I was wondering if Princess "signage" needed to be a little more conservative but it looks like I can have fun with it :)

Here's an example of a sign I created for each cabin in our group - it's very simple.

PrincessRomyPeter_zps5fbcc4d4.jpg

This is beautiful and so creative. Enjoy your cruise next month - Alaska is on our bucket list so, I hope you'll post about your experience when you return.

mrsromy,

That is a really neat sign! You said it was simple but how do you do it? What software did you use?

Yes, please provide details. What an awesome sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, please provide details. What an awesome sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The site is: http://www.tagxedo.com/app.html

It's a bit buggy sometimes but it's awesome when you get it to work!! You can take any image and upload it and with some tweaking, create a great sign. Here's what I did for mine...

Select the "arrow" next to Shape and upload this image by selecting "Add Image":

SeawitchR_PMS29451jpg1_zpsd29378be.jpg

Select the "Load..." option to add your words; keep in mind that if you add a space between two words, they will not show up together. So, I always add things like GoldenPrincess and GlacierBay in order for them to work.

Use the "arrow" next to "Theme" to pick a color palette

Use the "arrow" next to "Font" to choose fonts; you can upload your own

Use the "arrow" next to "Orientation" to change the orientation of your words (I use H/V since it best defines the shape)

I'm sure there are TONS of things you can do...but I tend to keep it simple :)

I've also created signs using Words instead of shapes...here are some examples:

2014RomyPeter_zps887fe1f3.jpg

AlaskaRomyPeter_zpsfb6d6e2a.jpg

The site is: http://www.tagxedo.com/app.html

It's a bit buggy sometimes but it's awesome when you get it to work!! You can take any image and upload it and with some tweaking, create a great sign. Here's what I did for mine...

Select the "arrow" next to Shape and upload this image by selecting "Add Image":

SeawitchR_PMS29451jpg1_zpsd29378be.jpg

Select the "Load..." option to add your words; keep in mind that if you add a space between two words, they will not show up together. So, I always add things like GoldenPrincess and GlacierBay in order for them to work.

Use the "arrow" next to "Theme" to pick a color palette

Use the "arrow" next to "Font" to choose fonts; you can upload your own

Use the "arrow" next to "Orientation" to change the orientation of your words (I use H/V since it best defines the shape)

I'm sure there are TONS of things you can do...but I tend to keep it simple :)

I've also created signs using Words instead of shapes...here are some examples:

2014RomyPeter_zps887fe1f3.jpg

AlaskaRomyPeter_zpsfb6d6e2a.jpg

Thank you for sharing. I am using this to make graphics for our door right now.

see photo of our door from Sept 2013.

1359655456_Conquestdoordecor.jpg.e3252538a1ce89a25309ab38f0617293.jpg

Edited by plattwear

Scrapycruiser, I just got back in town and TOM got it right. That's the right web site to download the Door Sign. What I do is modify it to read "Meet & Greet", which is what Princess Cruisers use. "Meet and Mingle is used on Royal Caribbean cruises. "Connections" is used on Celebrity Cruises. I generally bring about 4 or 5 extra Door Signs on each cruises I gone on, and giving them out at the Meet & Greet, leaving the name area blank, for those wanting to print their names in. Have fun....

Scrapycruiser, I just got back in town and TOM got it right. That's the right web site to download the Door Sign. What I do is modify it to read "Meet & Greet", which is what Princess Cruisers use. "Meet and Mingle is used on Royal Caribbean cruises. "Connections" is used on Celebrity Cruises. I generally bring about 4 or 5 extra Door Signs on each cruises I gone on, and giving them out at the Meet & Greet, leaving the name area blank, for those wanting to print their names in. Have fun....

Gimer:

Since you have modified the sign to say Meet & Greet can you provide me a copy of what you did?

Thanks Gimer!

trbarton743@aol.com

Tom:D