LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Chris, that filet mignon looked delicious. We loved the comedy shows when we were on Allure. We did a B2B and never rode the rising tide bar. Will have to do it next time. Enjoy!!!

Question about the comedy shows on Allure. Are they all the same show or should I try and attend more than one.? Thanks for your help going in Sept. our first time on the Big ship.

Question about the comedy shows on Allure. Are they all the same show or should I try and attend more than one.? Thanks for your help going in Sept. our first time on the Big ship.

The comedy shows are the same two comedians doing the same material, with some minor variations due to audience participation.

Edited by clarea

Given a choice, Chops or Giovanni's? Have never been to either but thinking of trying one. I have been to the Carnival Glory Steakhouse and, I have to say, it was an incredible meal. I am not sure if Chops can beat it. But, maybe worth a try!

We were on the Carnival Dream two years ago and ate every night at the Steakhouse it was excellent.

I haven't been on the Allure yet but eaten at Chops on other RC ships and I haven't tried Giovanni's yet as its not on the other ships.

In my opinion, the Carnival Steakhouse was a bit better than Chops, but trust me Chops its still very good that we are going two times on this next cruise. We also going to Giovanni's, now on the other ships they had Portofino's not Giovanni's but looking at the menus to both of these places they are very similar...on the other RC ships, we all preferred Portofino, which leads me to believe that I will find Giovanni's to be my favorite on top of Chops.

Why not go to both?

Chris, that filet mignon looked delicious. We loved the comedy shows when we were on Allure. We did a B2B and never rode the rising tide bar. Will have to do it next time. Enjoy!!!

We were on a B2B so we saw 2 different shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chops is O.K. IMHO but Portofino's was exceptional, our favorite. Was a little disappointed when they began doing away with Portos and added Giovannis. But I do like it. Totally different concept. More an Italian family dinner. Where everyone is supposed to taste it all. I've eaten there one time and enjoyed it. There was lots of food! Almost too much.

I am excited to try Central Park 150.

Edited by BecciBoo

We had 87 sign up for our meet and mingle and I think only about half showed up. Same with the slot pull.... only half made it. It was fun, but we didn't even come close to breaking even :P

I should have been there with my good luck boa, you'd have won!!

Wow,

You are doing an amazing job taking us along on Allure! Thank you for sharing your cruise with all of us. We will sail on her in December. Can you tell me whether RCI is offering an Specialty Dining Packages on Allure? Can reservations for My Time Dining and the Specialty Restaurants be made online in advance?

Thanks!

Sandie

Wow,

You are doing an amazing job taking us along on Allure! Thank you for sharing your cruise with all of us. We will sail on her in December. Can you tell me whether RCI is offering an Specialty Dining Packages on Allure? Can reservations for My Time Dining and the Specialty Restaurants be made online in advance?

Thanks!

Sandie

You can book online in advance and the specialty dining packages will be offered online via your pre cruise planner

You can book online in advance and the specialty dining packages will be offered online via your pre cruise planner

This is the last cruise that specialty dining packages are being offered on Oasis/Allure. They have been discontinued effective the next sailings. They are supposedly in the process of being "revamped" so stay tuned I guess...

Great review! Can't wait to board Allure in 4 days!!

Good morning friends and welcome to day four of LIVE from Allure of the Seas! We're a little less than 3 hours from docking in St. Thomas. I'll be headed to Paradise Point for what I have been told are some incredible views plus a little drinking, food, and souvenir shopping :)

So stay tuned as the day gets under way! Off to have breakfast and more importantly, COFFEE!!! :D

Wow what a wonderful review! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! We sail on her in 32 days and can not wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just noticed your screen name. By any chance, are you from Ocean View, NJ? We camp at Ocean View Campground in the summer.

Good Morning, Chris. Hope you've had some COFFEE by now. I have a questtion. Are you having to go through Immigration on the ship in St. Thomas?We used to have to do this every time we went to a foreign port and then back to a US port. We hadn't had to do this for several years, but last month we did in Key West. Don't know why they started this up again or maybe they are just doing it in Key West. I hadn't seen anyone mention it in any of their reviews. Hope you don't have to; it's a royal pain. On one cruise in the past, we had to report to Immigration at 7AM. There were people in robes, in pajamas, hair standing on end, hair in curlers and people who looked like they were sleepwalking.

Have a great day in St. Thomas. Love it there. I usually go to the beach or shop at Havensight.

Luvs

Good Morning, Chris. Hope you've had some COFFEE by now. I have a questtion. Are you having to go through Immigration on the ship in St. Thomas?We used to have to do this every time we went to a foreign port and then back to a US port. We hadn't had to do this for several years, but last month we did in Key West. Don't know why they started this up again or maybe they are just doing it in Key West. I hadn't seen anyone mention it in any of their reviews. Hope you don't have to; it's a royal pain. On one cruise in the past, we had to report to Immigration at 7AM. There were people in robes, in pajamas, hair standing on end, hair in curlers and people who looked like they were sleepwalking.

Have a great day in St. Thomas. Love it there. I usually go to the beach or shop at Havensight.

Luvs

Nope we don't have to go through Immigration on the ship here. The only way we would have is if anybody went over to the British Virgin Islands and then came back, and that's all done ashore.