OK, I'm Stupid. Is FTTF Really Worth It?

dljones

All your responses have been so helpful. I went ahead and purchased FTTF yesterday and am excited to get aboard early and go right to our cabin to drop off our stuff.

We are considering doing a private excursion in Belize. If we do, it will be great not having to deal with waiting in the tender lines.

I will report back if it has any impact on our dining.

Thanks again!

All your responses have been so helpful. I went ahead and purchased FTTF yesterday and am excited to get aboard early and go right to our cabin to drop off our stuff.

We are considering doing a private excursion in Belize. If we do, it will be great not having to deal with waiting in the tender lines.

I will report back if it has any impact on our dining.

Thanks again!

I'd like to hear about the dining. Enjoy your cruise!

Remember that priority boarding for tenders is ONLY going, not coming back to the ship.

Is FTTF per port or per cruise? We are on our first Carnival cruise this July and I bought the FTTF under the embarkation port of Baltimore. I keep was surprised that there were still many left after reading about its demand. So, I then go into the Port Excursion days, e.g. Port Canavera, Freeport, etc. I see they also have FTTF and are sold out. I am confused.:confused:

Is FTTF per port or per cruise? We are on our first Carnival cruise this July and I bought the FTTF under the embarkation port of Baltimore. I keep was surprised that there were still many left after reading about its demand. So, I then go into the Port Excursion days, e.g. Port Canavera, Freeport, etc. I see they also have FTTF and are sold out. I am confused.:confused:

Nope. FTTF is just for your embarkation port. They may have just released another batch, but believe me, they will be gone. Have a great cruise!:D

I then go into the Port Excursion days, e.g. Port Canavera, Freeport, etc. I see they also have FTTF and are sold out. I am confused.:confused:

What may have happened is PC is an embarkation port for most and the system just thought it was. Sloppy on Carnival's part but as was stated you only buy it for the port you are embarking at.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Just found this on John Heald's blog http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Noel asks:

Hi John, I’m going on the Carnival Breeze in June and was going to try to get Faster to the Fun but it’s sold out. I notice suites get VIP boarding and we have a premiere vista balcony room which are very much more expensive than a normal balcony. We should be able to get quick boarding. Is there any way to even get Faster to the Fun?

John Says:

Hello Noel

Thanks for asking. We only sell approximately 15 cabins on this program but please do keep checking back just in case we have some cancellations or we may add a few more spots. I hope you have a brilliant time and please let me know if you have any other questions. Best wishes.

John

I have always said that the Priority Embarkation is the best perk in the world when:

Some ports are better than others...

for example, IF you are sailing from Charleston and parking your car at the terminal, the FTTF will be of little benefit for embarkation because you will not arrive in the terminal until about 1pm (waiting for the warehouse to open to park your car)>..

The Fantasy crew did an amazing job with the debark last week where priority was concerned!

Is that only if you are parking at the port? We are leaving car at hotel and taking taxi. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

We are experienced cruisers but new to Carnival. We used FTTF and loved it. Definitely felt it was worth it and will use it whenever I can in the future.

You buy it once for the cabin.

We primarily got it for being able to drop our bags at the cabin as soon as we got on board- we dropped our bags and were in Marketplace eating lunch by noon. :).

Also we had a special phone number to call for guest services (not just special

Line) so when we got to the cabin we had a question and could not get anyone to answer the GS line then I read the FTTF paper and saw we had a special phone number- I called it and they answered first ring. Loved that!

Also enjoyed the Zone 1 debarktation ! I read somewhere that debarktation was not special but that was wrong info.... It is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk