Vow Renewal on Veendam?

Freelion

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be sailing on the Veendam 14dT btb from Boston on 5/31. This is only our second cruise. We're cruising to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I saw the vow renewal package and am thinking of surprising my dh with it. Has anyone here ever experienced the package? If so, could you describe it a little and give some feedback on your experience?

Many thanks,

Did it for our 40th on the NA last Sept. Wonderfully done by HAL. Captain in dress whites, two attendants in gowns, beautiful cake, bottle of bubbly, flowers & photog. CAPT sat with us in general conversation for quite a while before he performed the ceremony. Cut the cake and the captain gave a nice toast. Then the attendants accompanied us to the dining room. A few days later we returned to our room to find a beautiful leather photo album with printed certificate and copy of the vows & the toast that the captain gave.

Did it for our 40th on the NA last Sept. Wonderfully done by HAL. Captain in dress whites, two attendants in gowns, beautiful cake, bottle of bubbly, flowers & photog. CAPT sat with us in general conversation for quite a while before he performed the ceremony. Cut the cake and the captain gave a nice toast. Then the attendants accompanied us to the dining room. A few days later we returned to our room to find a beautiful leather photo album with printed certificate and copy of the vows & the toast that the captain gave.

Ours was very similar. Captain and his wife sat with us for over 30 minutes before the ceremony and for about 15 minutes afterwards. Best money we have spent onboard.

DaveOKC

I'd second all the comments. My dh and I did it for our 40th. We ended up being the only couple - had a lovely cocktail party with the captain and a few officers followed by our vow renewal. One of the officers took pictures with my camera plus we received the leather album later with the "official" picture. The gentleman from the piano bar played for the whole event and there was even an anniversary cake to cut. It was a bargain. You can also invite guests although there is a small additional charge for each person.

Happy Anniversary,

St. Louis Sal

We did for our 50th 2 years ago for our New Years cruise. A great time and a real treat. We were the only couple for the evening and they do it in a reserved section ofv the Crows Nest. The Captain sat with us for about an hour and then said I guesss we should get this going. It was very personalable and they do a great job. They had some small bites and a cake ,a photograher and then the ceremony itself was very nice. They put it all together in an album for you also with pictures certificates and everything. Well worth the small price for a very special evening with friends and family. Have a great time , you'll enjoy it for sure.:):)

We also did it on the Noordam in Dec. of 2010 & had four of our best friends who were cruising with us as guests.. We paid $12.50 for each guest & it was done on a formal night..

There were three couples doing a renewal, each one individually...One couple, who were celebrating their 50th was from Manila & had their entire family, (approx. 26 guests).. Every single one of them was beautifully dressed in white, including the little ones.. It was so lovely..

The Capt. spent some time with each couple & did our renewals individually..

Only mistake we made was when the Photographers asked us to make an appointment for our pictures to be taken a few days ahead of time, we failed to do that so the only pic we have is with me crying! :D DH knew about it ahead of time & wore his TUX & I wore a dress which I had worn for our Son's wedding..

It was lovely & very special to us as well, since our four closest friends were with us..

Cheers.... Betty

I wondered why HAL does not promote this very nice event more. Then I did the math on it from a cost standpoint and figured out that they are likely not making much (if anything) on it. Figure the cake, champagne, photo and album, etc. PLUS the cost of 3 or more crew members PLUS the Captain's time and you will see what I mean.

DaveOKC

We did it too last New Years cruise on the Ryndam. We were treated like VIPS and will remember that night forever. I will post pics when I am on the computer. We were in Highland dress with our 2 children. The pictures taken are fantastic.