How to get to the perfumery from dock yard?

cruisewithbaby

We will be there on Monday and Tuesday 5/5-5/6. I am planing to go

See the sights of st George with my 4yo daughter and my mom who will have a scooter on the ship but only a cane on Bermuda (she's afraid it's battery will die and we will be stuck) I understand to take the 9;30 am ferry to st George. When we get off the ferry are there things to see and do right there? And how do we get to the perfumery? Can we walk? Cab (cost)? We plan to be back to dock yard via 1:00 or 3:00 ferry depending on what there is to do there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'd estimate it's a bit less than a half mile walk from the ferry terminal. Not a problem for someone with good mobility, but it may be too much for your mother as it's a bit hilly and there are some cobblestone streets in St. George's.

A taxi should cost about $6 plus tip, because the first fifth of a mile is $5.15 (after the May 1 taxi fare increase), then $.55 for each additional fifth.

There are numerous interesting historical sites in St. George's.

The Ferry docks away from the center of town. It is about a three block walk over cobblestones and hills to get back into town. The Bermuda Perfumery is on Queens Street in St. George, which is one block west of St. Peter's Church. Now, I have been to the Perfumery. It is now in a small store front in Stewart Hall. There is a small garden behind the storefront but there is no perfume production done on this site. The old Perfumery use to offer tours of the production but that has not happened for many years. Bermuda Perfume is available all over the island, even at the Dockyard. The price is the same, no matter where you purchase it. In my opinion, it really is not worth the trip to the Perfumery just to buy the perfume since that is all that is going on there. It is a retail outlet, nothing more.

Thank you for the replies if they aren't doing tours etc I will skip the perfumery. If we take the $6 cab from where the ferry docks to the center of

Town is it worth it? My 4yo will have a stroller incase we do lots of walking while my mom finds a bench for people watching.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love to walk around St. George. It is a really quaint little town and very interesting. At noon each weekday, they have a gathering in the town square for the drunking of the town wench. It is fun to watch and your 4 year old would love to see the lady get dropped into the water for her crimes. Mom would laugh at it too. The Unfinished church is interesting. There is a nice walled garden in town. St. Peter's church is always open. It is the oldest active church in the Western Hemisphere. Lots of little shops to walk through. By all mean, it would be worth the $6 cab ride into town.