Considering an Upgrade - What Perks Can Be Shared?

Hi everyone!

I'm sailing on Oasis in July, currently in a JS. Prices are looking good, so I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to a Grand Suite instead. I know the jump from JS to GS comes with a lot of extra suite perks: priority boarding, concierge lounge access, reserved seating at shows, private deck seating, Barefoot Beach at Labadee, etc. That all sounds great!

Here is the catch: I'm traveling with another two people in a separate cabin which will not be a suite. Given that we're planning on spending most of our time together (we aren't two separate romantic couples - this is a girls' trip for my bachelorette), it seems like most of the real suite perks would be wasted if the other two couldn't also partake. Is there anything they can tag along with? If not, I don't think it would be worth the upgrade cost.

Thanks in advance for the help from more veteran cruisers!

Hi everyone!

I'm sailing on Oasis in July, currently in a JS. Prices are looking good, so I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to a Grand Suite instead. I know the jump from JS to GS comes with a lot of extra suite perks: priority boarding, concierge lounge access, reserved seating at shows, private deck seating, Barefoot Beach at Labadee, etc. That all sounds great!

Here is the catch: I'm traveling with another two people in a separate cabin which will not be a suite. Given that we're planning on spending most of our time together (we aren't two separate romantic couples - this is a girls' trip for my bachelorette), it seems like most of the real suite perks would be wasted if the other two couldn't also partake. Is there anything they can tag along with? If not, I don't think it would be worth the upgrade cost.

You can probably take them to the private deck, and you may be able to take them to Barefoot Beach, but that is about it. All others will require an actual gold card.

However, the GS is fairly large and could accommodate 4 people, if this is a bachelorette event, what about having all four stay in the GS, and you all get the perks (might even be cheaper than the two cabins you already have).

Hi everyone!

You might get away with priority check-in, but it really depends on the people at the port and I´ve seen them enforce the lines. With Boarding the Oasis, IIRC they have different check-in Areas for Suite and non-Suite and the seapass Cards are in the relevant area, so they would Need to run over to get them for your friends.

Suite perks are definitely only for those in the Suite, so no tagging along. Reserved deck seating should be strongly limited to Gold seapass Cards. Reserved seating at the Theater will open up at some Point for all when not filled up. Can´t comment on Labadee. CL is a definite no.

This is the best suggestion :)

However, the GS is fairly large and could accommodate 4 people, if this is a bachelorette event, what about having all four stay in the GS, and you all get the perks (might even be cheaper than the two cabins you already have).

No perks are actually offered to friends of those in a suite, however they will likely be able to join you with Priority check in and boarding. That is likely all. (Actually because so many bring friends/family to the priority check-in - the regular lines are often shorter)

Your friends will likely be denied joining you in reserved suite seating areas and they will not be able to join you at Barefoot beach unless you pay for a rented Cabana. They will not be allowed to join you in the Concierge Lounge.

You might be able to sneak them into any suite cocktail party

hope this helps,

enjoy

M