Is it too late to add a 4th person??

We are in a Haven Aft penthouse June 7th. My MIL (?!?!?!) has for about the 6th time changed her mind again about going with us. UGH!!!

Is it too late to add her to the reservation? When I originally booked, the rate was $699 for 3/4 person. Now that it's so close I am not sure. Are they open today at the NCL offices for me to check?

Sorry, I'm just a little aggravated that she keeps changing her mind. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in a Haven Aft penthouse June 7th. My MIL (?!?!?!) has for about the 6th time changed her mind again about going with us. UGH!!!

Is it too late to add her to the reservation? When I originally booked, the rate was $699 for 3/4 person. Now that it's so close I am not sure. Are they open today at the NCL offices for me to check?

Yes, you can reach NCL 24/7. Just give them a call.

Edited by Cubechick

As long as the lifeboat section your cabin is assigned to is not full then you can add another person.

We tried to add a 3rd person and our TA said they couldn't do it, even after talking to NCL themselves. Was this why? I want to call again and ask someone else, maybe I'll get a yes.

We tried to add a 3rd person and our TA said they couldn't do it, even after talking to NCL themselves. Was this why? I want to call again and ask someone else, maybe I'll get a yes.

We had friends who tried to add a third person (very close to sail date) and they couldn't add them. The reason was that the ship has a maximum number of people each sailing. There were staterooms still available but based on two people per cabin, they would have over booked if they sold every cabin.

Although they didn't seem to understand this - it made sense to me. I remember reading somewhere a while back that people were turned away at debarkation because a cruise was overbooked. Not sure if this was true or someone just wanting to complain.

We had friends who tried to add a third person (very close to sail date) and they couldn't add them. The reason was that the ship has a maximum number of people each sailing. There were staterooms still available but based on two people per cabin, they would have over booked if they sold every cabin.

Although they didn't seem to understand this - it made sense to me. I remember reading somewhere a while back that people were turned away at debarkation because a cruise was overbooked. Not sure if this was true or someone just wanting to complain.

It has more to do with only so many people can be booked in the area for each lifeboat. If there are a lot of people with 3-4 to the cabin, lifeboat maximum will be reached and others cannot add to their booking even if they are solo in a cabin.

Most likely. We've had that happen, but were traveling with a group and were able to add our extra person to another cabin within our group. They stayed with their own family, not the cabin they were booked in.

But the thing is that you can go to NCL.com (or a travel agent site) and book a 3 person room. So they are still available, which means the life boat sections aren't full. Plus we haven't even been assigned a cabin yet (GTY) so if having 3 people changes our cabin number we don't care.

But the thing is that you can go to NCL.com (or a travel agent site) and book a 3 person room. So they are still available, which means the life boat sections aren't full. Plus we haven't even been assigned a cabin yet (GTY) so if having 3 people changes our cabin number we don't care.

Think there's a problem with booking more than 2 people in a guarantee since there are some cabins that only sleep 2. Ask your TA if that's the problem.

Think there's a problem with booking more than 2 people in a guarantee since there are some cabins that only sleep 2. Ask your TA if that's the problem.

I did a mock booking of 3 people, chose the same category and when it asked me to select the room it said GTY. So that's not the problem either.

Yes, you can reach NCL 24/7. Just give them a call.

They are not available 24/7. If you call and they are closed you will get a recording with their hours. I find it hard to believe they don't have at least a skeleton crew for late night bookings but they don't. :confused:

Ummmm I think this is my story and I'm sticking to it ;) The backstory to all this is she was originally booked with us last year when I set this up and then cancelled it. She's vascillated the last 8-10 months and driven us nuts about it... So here it is....

Ship is full... Lifeboats can only hold so many... The airfare is over $800 (it really is since it's so last minute), it's a safety issue with the lifeboats thing... Maritime rules dictate all that, blah, blah, blah

Whatcha think???? LOL!!

She ain't going... I made the executive decision for her

Ummmm I think this is my story and I'm sticking to it ;) The backstory to all this is she was originally booked with us last year when I set this up and then cancelled it. She's vascillated the last 8-10 months and driven us nuts about it... So here it is....

Ship is full... Lifeboats can only hold so many... The airfare is over $800 (it really is since it's so last minute), it's a safety issue with the lifeboats thing... Maritime rules dictate all that, blah, blah, blah

Whatcha think???? LOL!!

It sounds like karma was at work here. :)

Have a great cruise.

Whatcha think???? LOL!!

Good for you, strong woman, strong decision :p, no seriously, it sounds like you need this cruise more than you need her with you. WTG on taking the high road ;)

Have a fabulous cruise ;)

Edited by B6ConMe

My mother was hemming & hawing about going in September, thankfully I had the KSF promotion so I put her & my cousin on the reservation anyway, they could cancel up until the ship leaves (I would be refunded the port charges anyway). I am glad I added her as she decided to go last week, now waiting to hear back from my cousin. (I also got UBP & UDP) With a promotion like that I think it's better to add everyone at once & figure it out later. I can change out names if need be but I can't see her giving up the free drink plan lol

My mother was hemming & hawing about going in September, thankfully I had the KSF promotion so I put her & my cousin on the reservation anyway, they could cancel up until the ship leaves (I would be refunded the port charges anyway). I am glad I added her as she decided to go last week, now waiting to hear back from my cousin. (I also got UBP & UDP) With a promotion like that I think it's better to add everyone at once & figure it out later. I can change out names if need be but I can't see her giving up the free drink plan lol

As long as your not going September 28, you can take me if they cancel! ;) We are already cruising to Bermuda that week.