Women's clothing available on board QM2

Minz

As I am a super lightweight traveller and am incorporating a QM2 crossing in a near round the world trip, carrying a lot of formal wear is not enticing. I have three options: (1) to buy and outfit inc. shoes in NY prior to embarkation and then posting it home post cruise or (2) hiring some kind of footwear or gown on board, or (3) purchasing a dress and shoes on board. After looking through a variety of these boards I am not able to find a direct answer as it relates to women.

Any input would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Minz.

The formal women's clothes you can buy on board are quite expensive and they may not have your size in stock. I've never seen shoes of any kind sold on board.

So choice (1) is your best option.

The other option is to take some smart lightweight clothes and just use the Britannia restaurant on informal nights. On formal nights you could dine in the Kings Court.

Minz. If you are contemplating spending the kind of money you would have to,in the onboard shops, how about the white star luggage service.

Or a nice pair of silky pants,trousers, ballerina pumps, and a couple of silky tops,they would not take a lot of room.

Or as previous poster said kings court or room service on formal night

As I am a super lightweight traveller and am incorporating a QM2 crossing in a near round the world trip, carrying a lot of formal wear is not enticing. I have three options: (1) to buy and outfit inc. shoes in NY prior to embarkation and then posting it home post cruise or (2) hiring some kind of footwear or gown on board, or (3) purchasing a dress and shoes on board. After looking through a variety of these boards I am not able to find a direct answer as it relates to women.

Any input would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Minz.

You don't need a wardrobe of shoes if space/weight is an issue. One pair of black killer heels for dark clothes and strappy silver/multi shoes for light colours. I have a gorgeous multi coloured pair of Gina strappy heels, which I've had for nearly fifteen years, and they cover all bases except my navy and black dresses/gowns/evening trousers.

Silky fabrics cover the evening clothes weight and space issues.

Thanks heaps! Lol - the cost of clothes onboard and the white star service would buy me a 3rd traveller (I am from the Antipodes!). Yes, I will go silky pants and tops - I have one pair of strappy sandals so mixed with my scarves and pashmina, they will be must best route. I will enjoy getting dressed up but will not worry in the slightest about repeat wears - it is not a pageant!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't rely on being able to purchase appropriate clothing on board as their stock will be limited, particularly when it comes to shoes.

Previous advice is good, take a black skirt and a pair of pants for the evening and couple these up with some sparkly tops for formals and some casual tops for the other evenings and you'll be just fine.

Take your own comfy shoes too...QM2 is quite a big ship!-:)

Have a wonderful trip.

Best, Judy

Thanks heaps! Lol - the cost of clothes onboard and the white star service would buy me a 3rd traveller (I am from the Antipodes!). Yes, I will go silky pants and tops - I have one pair of strappy sandals so mixed with my scarves and pashmina, they will be must best route. I will enjoy getting dressed up but will not worry in the slightest about repeat wears - it is not a pageant!

This is spot on!! Instead of lugging strappy sandals (if you aren't planning on wearing them any place other than the ship) you might want to look into packing a ballet flat....less room! Look for something like rollasole or similar, lightweight and they'll roll up to fit in an empty corner of your luggage. Plus you can get them in so many colors that you'll probably get by with just one pair for all your outfits. :)

I have just broken the bank by spending 10 euros on a gorgeous shawl pin for my pashmina - looks great too; gosh, I wonder if a silver smith will peer up close and discover it is not a genuine piece! (Lol).

As for ballet flats, they sound like a good all purpose option - if they are comfortable, they can be room slippers as well as formal wear.

I must say that being a lightweight carry on traveller has really freed up my travel life, it is just so much easier and it takes up so little time to get organised when travelling as there is less stuff to clutter up movement - the test is doing 52 days incorporating a transatlantic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think all the suggestions are great. I wanted to add one more. If you were thinking you might like to have a dress along, I find that a crochet dress, worn over a bias cut slip, is a great travel piece. I have two, one black and one cream with touches of gold. They go over the same slip and I can pack both dresses and the slip in a tiny wad. They are absolutely wrinkle proof and easy to wear, dressed up or down with accessories.

It sounds as if you are going to be happy with ballet flats, which I always bring as well ; -)

For myself, for dress up, I would always opt to find room in my case for a pair of simple classic black kid pumps that I know are comfortable.

But the crochet pieces, mine are of a silky thread, not cotton, are light and flattering and so packable, I have taken them everywhere!

Sara