Chops on first night, any discount?

I use to hear that people would got to Chops on the first night of the cruise because it was buy one get one free. Is this true and is it on all the ships? Or maybe it for the higher levels in rank only? I asked once at the restaurant and was told they didn't have any discount.

I use to hear that people would got to Chops on the first night of the cruise because it was buy one get one free. Is this true and is it on all the ships? Or maybe it for the higher levels in rank only? I asked once at the restaurant and was told they didn't have any discount.

The buy one, get one free on the first night is a C&A coupon for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle level.

However, some people have reported other discounts on the first night, so check with the restaurant when you board.

Edited by clarea

We were on the Indy in February and there were waiters from Chops and Giovanni's wandering the Promenade offering a 30% discount. We booked Giovanni's for the first night and got the 30% discount. When the waiter for Chops asked us if we'd like a discount for the first night I told him we had already booked Giovanni's and he offered a discount anyway so we booked Chops at a discount for our 4th night on board.

We were on the Indy in February and there were waiters from Chops and Giovanni's wandering the Promenade offering a 30% discount. We booked Giovanni's for the first night and got the 30% discount. When the waiter for Chops asked us if we'd like a discount for the first night I told him we had already booked Giovanni's and he offered a discount anyway so we booked Chops at a discount for our 4th night on board.

This was also happening on the Oasis. We got at least a 25% discount each night. Not a bad deal.

Sounds like the specialty restaurants are not being utilized as much as they were when they were first introduced.

We used to go to Chops on each cruise and it was nearly always full or almost full. We stopped going for about three years then just went again on Freedom with a BOGO discount.

It was nearly empty and I was dissapointed with my petite filet. Hardly any taste. Also got to use the BOGO for Portifino by paying the first night and going later in the week

It also was nearly empty but the food was delicious. DH had Osso Bucco and I had lamb chops.

Service in both was good but not as good as before. Seems to be the trend in all venues, not as many staff to serve more pax.

On our liberty cruise earlier this month! there was an option to book Chops or Portofino online before the cruise with a special deal. It had to be for the first or second night, but included a credit for drinks. It was the regular price for each person (we're not to diamond yet), but with a $30 credit for wine or drinks.

Thanks, that was a quick reply. We just turned diamond plus. If we went with another couple that's not Diamond could we pick up the tab and make them the free one?

Yes.

Wouldn't you and your wife have to both use your cards to get 2 buy 1 get 1 free offers? I thought the offer was PP per card. Its doable but you may have to present both D+ cards

Wouldn't you and your wife have to both use your cards to get 2 buy 1 get 1 free offers? I thought the offer was PP per card. Its doable but you may have to present both D+ cards

Yes, exactly, you would need to use both coupons for a party of four to only have to pay for two.

Yes, I figured we'd have to show both cards. Daughter & husband will sail with us so she could be My BOGO and he could be my husbands. A nice night out. I also remember when it was hard to get a reservation in Chops. One of our last cruises dinner there came with our booking as a promo and it still wasn't crowded, but the steaks were yummy