Liberty from Galveston

Our Nov Navigator cruise is 2 to 3 times less than the posted Liberty cruises. I e mailed RC to ask what the deal is . I am not holding my breath. So this will probably be our last cruise after a bunch of them and we are switching to all inclusive resorts for a change. They must think we all see the Liberty as something special, but not us.

Our E2 on the hump is secured for 2016.:D But we also are casting about so to speak. We plan a land vacation to the Hawaiian islands next year then Liberty but we are not purchasing a next cruise on Allure or Liberty....going to play it by ear!

Edited by BecciBoo

I thought the upcoming Navigator prices were too high.:rolleyes: Then I looked at Liberty!:eek:

So...I'm flying to Florida for a week on the Oasis for less than a week on the Navigator, and I'm driving to New Orleans in March (that's been booked for a while), but I have nothing lined up out of Galveston for the first time since 2005.:(

I just compared the Allure (April 17, 2016); Freedom (March 13, 2016) and Liberty (April 24, 2016) and they have the following prices for a D2

Allure - $2,966

Freedom - $2,338

Liberty - $2,405

The Freedom is $67 cheaper; HOWEVER, flying to Florida from Houston (roughly $800 - $1,000); hotel $250 (and up); car rental $100; meals, misc. $150 +

By my calculations we can save a WHOLE LOTTA money by sailing out of Galveston :) About $1,500 in savings and that will pay for the pet sitter, booze on board and maybe even a t-shirt or two :D

Edited by Charger2008

I just compared the Allure (April 17, 2016); Freedom (March 13, 2016) and Liberty (April 24, 2016) and they have the following prices for a D2

Allure - $2,966

Freedom - $2,338

Liberty - $2,405

The Freedom is $67 cheaper; HOWEVER, flying to Florida from Houston (roughly $800 - $1,000); hotel $250 (and up); car rental $100; meals, misc. $150 +

By my calculations we can save a WHOLE LOTTA money by sailing out of Galveston :) About $1,500 in savings and that will pay for the pet sitter, booze on board and maybe even a t-shirt or two :D

I'm glad you found something that works for you. In my case, a GS on the Oasis the week before Thanksgiving was a whopping $2800 less for the two of us than a GS on the Navigator the same week. $2800 buys a lot of airfare and hotel!:D

I'm glad you found something that works for you. In my case, a GS on the Oasis the week before Thanksgiving was a whopping $2800 less for the two of us than a GS on the Navigator the same week. $2800 buys a lot of airfare and hotel!:D

We LOVED sailing in a GS and usually get a JS but we are being more frugal these days :D

The Carnival Triumph is doing a Great Itinerary from Galveston to San Juan and then another cruise from San Juan back to Galveston April 2015 I wish it was another ship then I would do it . I cannot sail on that ship it's crap pun intended

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Liberty for April 17 & 24, 2016, as well as 2 B2B's on Navi in 2015, but we

are checking twice a day for price reductions. Surely the 2016 prices will

come down if people aren't booking. Just because we booked at a high price, doesn't mean we won't cancel before final pay.

I simply cannot believe the prices; however, I would still book for the convenience of sailing out of Galveston (I live in DFW). The ship itself is a bit different, since it has those cantilevered pools.....love those.

I'm Obsessive Compulsive and watch for price drops every day, so I would go ahead and book, but then look for better prices.

Barb

Yep that's our plan too.....just wanted that cabin....will adjust as we go along. But we weren't that unhappy with the price.

Our price for 2

Cruise Fare 2198.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 2198.00

CAS Balc Suite -226.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -226.00 Diamond Discount

Taxes, fees, and port expenses 85.62 0.00 0.00 0.00 85.62

Total Charge 2057.62 0.00 0.00 0.00 2057.62

Amount Paid 100.00

Balance Due 1957.62

Edited by BecciBoo

I simply cannot believe the prices; however, I would still book for the convenience of sailing out of Galveston (I live in DFW). The ship itself is a bit different, since it has those cantilevered pools.....love those.

I'm Obsessive Compulsive and watch for price drops every day, so I would go ahead and book, but then look for better prices.

Barb

I agree with you. We'll most likely go ahead and book something, even at those crazy prices. After that, check prices everyday and call if there's a price drop. I REALLY want to cruise on the Liberty! :D

I was reading on a different thread that prices seem to be pretty high across all ships/itineraries. One theory was that there maybe a sale coming? At any rate, I may breakdown here soon and just book it. The itch is soooo strong! :p

I hear ya; we're booked for March 2015 out of NOLA but want to book out of Galveston in 2016. I keep watching and watching and watching. And the booking price doesn't mean that much; prices change. I regret not buying a NCC or whatever they are calling it today! I like the reduced deposit.

I want to book the Liberty out of Galveston for the 9 day on Nov 13 I will watch the rates and see if price goes down

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was unable find on RCCL page. But go to Affordable tours.com. Under cruise, ships tab, shows: Liberty sailing Nov 13 from Port Canaveral for a 7 day. ???;)

The site I use, which is normally very reliable, shows it to be a 7 day also,but I did find it on RC website showing 9 day, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, cozumel, costa maya..

Was unable find on RCCL page. But go to Affordable tours.com. Under cruise, ships tab, shows: Liberty sailing Nov 13 from Port Canaveral for a 7 day. ???;)

Starting from * $967 USD

Liberty Of The Seas

9 Nighttour Of The Western Caribbean

That very well could be. NOS sails Nov 9, return 16th. Have read she is moving to China (?) and a Freedom ship will replace her in Galveston. So perhaps Liberty will remain in GVS. :)