need answer asap from any c & a that booked as sb on athem

Yes you get full C&A discount for a SB.

according to rci and the website I am only getting 1/2 my diamond balcony discount because I booked SB's --- they say that it is not being handled as it was for booking Quantum because once they started giving double points for sailings after Oct 4, 2013 to solo passengers they changed the policy. I politely reminded them that there is nothing on the website that reflects that change. they said sorry, but that's the way it is.

You only get half on SB. From Member Benefits Page:

12 Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional

You only get half on SB. From Member Benefits Page:

12 Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional

This is a change from the SB's on the Quantum. We got full balcony discounts back when Quantum opened.

according to rci and the website I am only getting 1/2 my diamond balcony discount because I booked SB's --- they say that it is not being handled as it was for booking Quantum because once they started giving double points for sailings after Oct 4, 2013 to solo passengers they changed the policy. I politely reminded them that there is nothing on the website that reflects that change. they said sorry, but that's the way it is.

Solo pax in SBs do not get the double points.

This is a change from the SB's on the Quantum. We got full balcony discounts back when Quantum opened.

When I booked on Quantum I was told I would get the full discount. I will find out when final payment is due. On Anthem booking it is half.

When I booked on Quantum I was told I would get the full discount. I will find out when final payment is due. On Anthem booking it is half.

Same here, Mike, I don't think they will change it -- my Quantum cruises are already paid in full. Fat chance they are going to give me another bill....lol

It's not just SB cabins.

Since they redid their pricing system - if you are lucky enough to find a single discount (which are now quite rare) - they take a percent off every discount - C and A, C and A balcony discount, resident, senior etc.

Since they don't break down the discounts you have no way of knowing what you got, and whether it is correct.

I have a cruise where my resident discount is added (not subtracted) to my balance - supposedly to offset what's buried in the discount bucket. The C and A balcony discount on that cruise was also partial.

In addition if you book with a new open booking they take a percent off your onboard credit.

Most people won't realize it because they are now rarely, if ever, giving single discounts.

Edited by svillager

However, if you booked the cruise with an old open booking - which I did, then Resolutions will adjust the Crown and Anchor Balcony discount and On Board credit - back to the full amount - as it predates the changes.

Was it an old open booking.

Same here, Mike, I don't think they will change it -- my Quantum cruises are already paid in full. Fat chance they are going to give me another bill....lol

Why would you pay in full for a cruise 6+ months in advance???