Upgrade fairy came calling?

G&T Cruisers

Got a email saying we were upgraded on the Regal from aloha to riviera,but the cabins are the same size just different locations I was not impressed.I had clicked the do not upgrade box when I originally booked back in July and now I have to try to get old cabin back.Called Princess and have to wait 24-48 hours.i

Unless they moved you closer to the center of the deck, then it wasn't even an upgrade in Princess's categories as most cabin types in the same position on both decks are in the same price category.

Let us know what happens.

Is there somewhere on the cruise personalizer where I can check no upgrade? Although I originally asked for an upgrade, I now realize that our balcony cabin is in an ideal location; midships Riviera deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to me.

Had a midship balcony...Princess upgraded me to one deck higher to a forward cabin...Wasn't aware until I looked at my personalizer.

To me, this was more of a "down grade".

Lucky for me I noticed it immediately and my original cabin was available. They moved me back to my original cabin.

Now I state "no upgrades"

Is there somewhere on the cruise personalizer where I can check no upgrade? Although I originally asked for an upgrade, I now realize that our balcony cabin is in an ideal location; midships Riviera deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If through TA, they must mark you no upgrade, if you booked with Princess yourself, you must call. There is no box online you can access. BUT, from other posters, there is still no guarantee and you should watch your personalizer daily and watch your email (if no TA) and spam box too.

Are you sure about having to wait 24 to 48 hours to notify them that you want to decline the upgrade? We just got an upgrade notice last week and the notice states to contact them WITHIN 48 hours if we wish to decline the upgrade. You might want to try calling back and see if another Princess CSR will handle this for you now (before they assign your cabin to another person).

A few days after I booked a September cruise on the Crown I got an upgrade notice. At first I was excited then I saw it was move from my carefully chosen Emerald mini to a Dolphin mini. I can't do sun and I wanted the covered balcony. Not an upgrade for me. Got it switched back. I was surprised to see any changes this early.

I was looking at the cabins available on line for the cruise I booked a week ago and noticed that my inside cabin was showing as available. I got excited because I thought I had received an up-grade. I did in fact receive one but it was from category IC to IB. As I had spent a good amount of time picking out my original cabin I was not happy. Especially since the new cabin doesn't have cabins above it.

Although this will be my 22nd cruise (first one with Princess) it didn't occur to me that by saying I would like any upgrade I could also get upgraded within the same category I already had.

I have been in touch with my travel agent (first time I have used one) and she tells me that Princess have said it will be at least 48 hours before the paperwork will be done and I will know if I have my original cabin back. I have also had to state no upgrades which is a shame because an oceanview on a 28 day cruise would have been nice.

Although this will be my 22nd cruise (first one with Princess) it didn't occur to me that by saying I would like any upgrade I could also get upgraded within the same category I already had.

I have been in touch with my travel agent (first time I have used one) and she tells me that Princess have said it will be at least 48 hours before the paperwork will be done and I will know if I have my original cabin back. I have also had to state no upgrades which is a shame because an oceanview on a 28 day cruise would have been nice.

Your TA should know that there is an upgrade option to only accept an upgrade to the next type cabin. With that option checked, you would not get an upgrade from an inside to an inside.

Your TA should know that there is an upgrade option to only accept an upgrade to the next type cabin. With that option checked, you would not get an upgrade from an inside to an inside.

That's good to know. Thank you. I hope I get a different agent next time I phone as I did ask her if that was an option.