Connecting Room Horror Stories?

Thanks for all the replies. Wasn't sure what to expect. I do like the idea of putting a towel on the floor by the door. If we have any problems I'll start with that!

We saw on one cruise our steward taping up a connecting door with masking tape one morning. This was a couple of cabins down from us. I heard him ask them later if that did the trick and they said yes. So, if you are worried, bring a roll of masking tape!

We saw on one cruise our steward taping up a connecting door with masking tape one morning. This was a couple of cabins down from us. I heard him ask them later if that did the trick and they said yes. So, if you are worried, bring a roll of masking tape!

We must have had those cruisers next door to us in a connecting cabin last cruise! My friend and I heard what seemed liked tearing sounds for several minutes. I went out in the hallway, and to my surprise, the room steward was taping all around the connecting door in the cabin next door! I asked him about it, and his reply was that the couple in that cabin wanted it taped to cut down glare from our tv! We had not had the tv on, and very rarely ever turned it on the entire week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My horror story is that MY PARENTS KEPT COMING INTO MY ROOM WITHOUT ASKING!!!. At least I knocked first before going into theirs! Then again I'm just a kid so it's their responsibility to check on me.

We must have had those cruisers next door to us in a connecting cabin last cruise! My friend and I heard what seemed liked tearing sounds for several minutes. I went out in the hallway, and to my surprise, the room steward was taping all around the connecting door in the cabin next door! I asked him about it, and his reply was that the couple in that cabin wanted it taped to cut down glare from our tv! We had not had the tv on, and very rarely ever turned it on the entire week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We asked him why and he said taping around the door frame cuts down sound from the other room.

Good to know about the masking tape. I might just start packing it for both hotels and cruise ships.

Lol! We were on the other side of the people and we never heard a peep from them. On another cruise we heard the neighbor's baby crying a lot. We had no connecting door.