Live from eclipse

rubydoobydoo

Yes, Zumba was I the fitness centre, they had Intro to Zumba too

Yes Zumba is in the fitness centre now and at a charge of about $12 plus tip, I wasn't happy about this as it is the first time there has been a charge for Zumba.

Just off the Eclipse today.............

No problems with early boarding...........no-one batted an eyelid.......and we were onboard a couple of hours early...............

We loved Sue Denning............but she was given a hard time one night & was heckled.....it seems not everyone appreciates her.............

It was a great cruise and many people were making the most of the onboard promotions.....including us...........it was very busy..........

"Heckled" ? Some people are too rude to be believed! Whilst she isn't entirely my cup of tea, she works very hard and is a commensurate professional and very well suited to her job. I would say that that kind of behaviour is mean and unacceptable. If you don't care for a show, leave discretely and don't ruin it for those who are enjoying it

Thanks for the classic package list...it is radically different than the list posted on the UK web site.....signficantly less options. Scotch...only cutty sark, Vodka is absolut and stoli only and so on. I guess the free classic drink package is now not quite the perk it was when one purchased it (or got it free). I think we're going to change our 1-2-3 offer to an OBC and enjoy the drinks we like before our next cruise.

Thanks for the classic package list...it is radically different than the list posted on the UK web site.....signficantly less options. Scotch...only cutty sark, Vodka is absolut and stoli only and so on. I guess the free classic drink package is now not quite the perk it was when one purchased it (or got it free). I think we're going to change our 1-2-3 offer to an OBC and enjoy the drinks we like before our next cruise.

There were quite a few complaints about the changes, also the bar staff were not up on what was on the package, my husband was refused Bacardi until we sorted it out with guest relations, also Marstons Pedigree was like gold dust, the staff always said they had run out at each bar we tried, is was sometimes available but most of the time they didn't have it.

That being said, I would get a package next time, it was worth it to us

I had the non alcohol package and loved it, mainly for cafe Albacio, the chocolate igloo was delicious :)

Btw we paid for our package it was not a 123 offer

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Eclipse is an amazing looking ship, We tried to give her a rousing send off from the decks of Azura on Thursday as she left Stavanger:)

Im interested to know how the overall on board costs compare between Celebrity and P&O as we have heard some scary stories about high drinks prices and huge tipping bills added on.

P&O prices are quite reasonable (I dont mean cheap) :) but you do not feel like you have been stung:eek:

Had a great time on Azura but Eclipse looked very appealing from across the dock!

Hi Alvin

I was waving to you from my balcony, we have sailed on Azura twice and whilst we had a great time on our 5 P and O cruises we prefer Celebrity, Eclipse and Equinox are great, especially the food and the staff

The tips are more expensive, but in my opinion worth the better service and ambience, the ship is spotless, the toilets are far superior, and the cabin bathrooms are so much better

We always believed Celebrity to be more expensive but there are great deals to be had, this particular cruise was far less for us than what we were going to pay for Azura , and it was an extra night

We had a drink package this time, we paid extra for it, so it worked out cheaper this time as the drinks are expensive, I would definitely get a package again.

The trips are expensive, the train at Flam was £69 each, if I had know how easy it was I would have booked it direct for half the price

Btw what what was the reason you had to miss Geiranger ?

That was another reason we liked Celebrity more, better ports etc.

we have missed out on to many ports on our cruises with P and O for one reason or another

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Just got off Eclipse today - Ruby is correct, Bailey's was not on the Classic Package - it was 10.5 dollars.

That is a significant increase. Baileys was $8 or less and now it is $10.50. Assuming it was previously $8 it is a 31% increase.

I just reviewed a spreadsheet from Princess and Bailey's in $5.75 without the service charge.

It would appear that the price has been increased as the ship is now based in the UK.

We did a cruise on the Independence of the Seas a few years ago which was the first cruise after her TA and the B2Bers were complaining that the drinks had gone up!

Must remember not to cruise with Celebrity in Europe.

Hi Alvin

I was waving to you from my balcony, we have sailed on Azura twice and whilst we had a great time on our 5 P and O cruises we prefer Celebrity, Eclipse and Equinox are great, especially the food and the staff

The tips are more expensive, but in my opinion worth the better service and ambience, the ship is spotless, the toilets are far superior, and the cabin bathrooms are so much better

We always believed Celebrity to be more expensive but there are great deals to be had, this particular cruise was far less for us than what we were going to pay for Azura , and it was an extra night

We had a drink package this time, we paid extra for it, so it worked out cheaper this time as the drinks are expensive, I would definitely get a package again.

The trips are expensive, the train at Flam was £69 each, if I had know how easy it was I would have booked it direct for half the price

Btw what what was the reason you had to miss Geiranger ?

That was another reason we liked Celebrity more, better ports etc.

we have missed out on to many ports on our cruises with P and O for one reason or another

Thanks for the reply, We also paid £62 each for the Flam railway. £30 of which was for a P&O Rep to walk us the 200 yds to the Train!!:mad:

We were not allowed to dock in Geiranger by the Port authority, The Captain was pretty furious and seemed to think it was political infighting in the port. Fortunately we docked eight miles away and it was a beautiful spot so we were quite happy.

It would appear that the price has been increased as the ship is now based in the UK.

We did a cruise on the Independence of the Seas a few years ago which was the first cruise after her TA and the B2Bers were complaining that the drinks had gone up!

Must remember not to cruise with Celebrity in Europe.

I don't think they actually increase the price, just due to some UK law they have to include the 15% service charge within the price rather than charging it on top of the listed price. So $8 plus 15% as would be the norm for US sailings is listed as $9.20 on the UK sailings as it already includes the service charge. Hope that makes sense!

That said though they do seem to be bumping up the price of some previously included drinks in the classic package so they are now only in the premium package, annoying yes, but I'm sure I won't struggle to find anything in June :D

I was drinking NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc last week on the Eclipse.. Very nice... It was at all the bars including pool bar. I up graded because I was told I couldn't get it on the classic package...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Roobydobydoo - On the wine lists at the bottom of the sheet what is classified as a Speciality Bar?

My wife drinks Sauv Blanc which only seems to be on RH list

Sauvignon blanc was available in the MDR and the buffet and in all the other bars I assume , In fact we were given that a few times instead of Cabernet Sauvignon by mistake, it was on the classic but I am not sure of the brand, it began with a W and the second word was River I think

Edited by rubydoobydoo

I was drinking NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc last week on the Eclipse.. Very nice... It was at all the bars including pool bar. I up graded because I was told I couldn't get it on the classic package...

Did you get a list of the drinks on the classic from reception ? Hubby was told he had to upgrade if he wanted Bacardi until I went to guest relations and got a list

I am sure your sav blanc was on the classic list, I know there was a Marlborough on there as we had it a few times

If you were given incorrect information that lead you to upgrade maybe you could get a refund of some sort?

Thanks Roobydoobydoo - So do you think this one was available on the classic package?

Thanks billyelliot - So do you think this one was available on the classic package?

Thanks Roobydoobydoo - So do you think this one was available on the classic package?

Yes, we definitely had Marlborough Sav Blanc, it may have been a cheaper one than what is on the premium, the one we had is listed , maybe you could try. Bottle before you sail to see if you like it, if not you may want to upgrade to get a nicer one

I have no idea of any of the brands on the premium list, maybe someone on Eclipse was given a premium drink list they could post ?

I was drinking Clifford bay Sauvignon Blanc in the dining room, the drinks waiter told me that was on the premium list.... But I was drinking Sauvignon Blanc quite a few bars, which brand I dint know.. But I'm pretty sure it was that in the pool bar..

On our 1st day in the ocean view cafe, we looked at the list and the Clifford bay was $10.50. The waiter in there said Classic was up to $10 and premium $15 on the wine.

Rubydoobydoo.. I'm not sure how they can mistake a Cab Sauvignon for a Sauvignon Blanc?

If you like red the Australian Shiraz was delicious

I was never refused any drink on the Premium.. Grand Marnier, Hendricks Gin, all the cocktails in the Martini Bar and the Molecular bar... and a couple of times I got my hubby a Guinness or a New Castle Brown on it if I was drinking a soft drink. As there was only Tetley's smooth on the classic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by billyelliot

I was drinking Clifford bay Sauvignon Blanc in the dining room, the drinks waiter told me that was on the premium list.... But I was drinking Sauvignon Blanc quite a few bars, which brand I dint know.. But I'm pretty sure it was that in the pool bar..

On our 1st day in the ocean view cafe, we looked at the list and the Clifford bay was $10.50. The waiter in there said Classic was up to $10 and premium $15 on the wine.

Rubydoobydoo.. I'm not sure how they can mistake a Cab Sauvignon for a Sauvignon Blanc?

If you like red the Australian Shiraz was delicious

I was never refused any drink on the Premium.. Grand Marnier, Hendricks Gin, all the cocktails in the Martini Bar and the Molecular bar... and a couple of times I got my hubby a Guinness or a New Castle Brown on it if I was drinking a soft drink. As there was only Tetley's smooth on the classic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I think they just heard the word Sauvignon lol, it wasn't a problem, it just meant an extra drink to drink for hubby, he likes both

This list was recently posted by 'kevinyork' as well. Thank you for confirming.

I actually my cruise was the week before Kevin so I believe we were the first to encounter the problems, which I reported when we were on aboard , the list I posted May well be out of date now as I think Kevin said they had made some changes this week

My "live from Eclipse " is no longer relevant as I am at home, I hope it isn't confusing anyone, I wonder if there is a way to edit to heading ?

I actually my cruise was the week before Kevin so I believe we were the first to encounter the problems, which I reported when we were on aboard , the list I posted May well be out of date now as I think Kevin said they had made some changes this week

My "live from Eclipse " is no longer relevant as I am at home, I hope it isn't confusing anyone, I wonder if there is a way to edit to heading ?

Thanks for the clarification. One other question though, do you recall the price limits aboard for the Classic beverages?

All prices included the 15% gratuity

It was $10.50 for wine, $7 beer and I think $9.50 spirits and cocktails

From what I can remember a lot of the beers where over this limit and not included, I knows for certain that Boddingtons was $9 and Fullers London Pride was $10.50:eek:

One thing I will say is that after the second night the sommelier knew that my husband would be drinking the same wine each night so she left the bottle on the table