Thomson being marketed to Canadians

Although many people would argue with me, Whitby is not the Greater Toronto Area.

I suppose it depends on your interpretation of GTA but it seems to be considered part of Durham region which is part of the GTA.

http://toronto.about.com/od/communitieslivingspace/a/gta_cities.htm

It's a 45 minute drive into the city core from Whitby.[ If you're doing it during rush hour, it could take you an hour thirty. I

Would agree with that, yes. Fortunately my son drives to work at Scarborough so for him it works. Daughter-in-law gets the Go train into city centre. Currently they are in Ajax.

If one wanted to live in the city, a house can cost around $800,000 CAD. Or this semi detached which just sold for over a million.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/home-and-garden/real-estate/riverdale-semi-goes-for-more-than-250000-over-asking/article19133429/?service=mobile

I could well believe it.

Most young people who wish to get into the house market need to move far out of the city core.

probably like most major cities.

After writing all of this, I wonder to myself why I'm discussing the Toronto housing market in a cruise forum.

Slight deviation from the thread but interesting nevertheless. They moved out almost 2 years ago and are thoroughly enjoying it the way of life. I'll be visiting next month.

As for cruising, this might work for us. they can fly down from Toronto and I can join them from the UK.

Edited by jem16

• 4 weeks later...

Any recommendations on excursions? We're cruising on the Dream over Christmas. Book through cruise or once on shore day of?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Oh, and has anyone actually booked the cruise over Christmas on the Dream?

D

Any recommendations on excursions? We're cruising on the Dream over Christmas. Book through cruise or once on shore day of?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Oh, and has anyone actually booked the cruise over Christmas on the Dream?

D

Which ports are you visiting?

Which ports are you visiting?

Falmouth, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

We're pretty sure we want to visit Dunn's Falls and the Chichen Itza Ruins.

Wife will want a beach day....

Cheers

I remember when we went to Roatan there was a trip to a small island for sun bathing. We didn't go on it but other similar trips are usually to very nice locations. It should also be easy to get a taxi in Cozumel to take you to a beach.

Do you know that on the Thomsons web site you can view the excursions and prices on offer?

• 3 months later...

okay...so I have bumped this old thread....we do seem to have hijacked the dreamliner switch (oops! perhaps i should rephrase that) flight switch issues thread by discussing the canadian thomson dream marketing issues on it

hopefully this thread will be of interest to any Canadian first time thomson dream guests out there?

and if you are outthere?

may I extend a big welcome to thomsons and our comunity.....come in and say hello

any questions....please do fire away...someone will know the answer:cool:

letus discuss the delights that will await you on your thomson dream cuba adventure?

dont be shy....we are very welcoming and friendly...once you get to know us;):)

Edited by geomagot

Hey guys I am suppoesd to be watchin cbebbies and now under this Dome in Chester mill with no sprouts???:confused::D

no sprouts at chester mill!! :eek: noooo!!...

(you been reading stephen king novels steve?)

great novel btw....under the dome....reminds me of somewhere??...somewhere where you can 'find your smile' .....somewhere where one eyed teddies go to...to??...er?... escape?:p:D

Edited by geomagot

• 5 months later...
okay...so I have bumped this old thread....we do seem to have hijacked the dreamliner switch (oops! perhaps i should rephrase that) flight switch issues thread by discussing the canadian thomson dream marketing issues on it

hopefully this thread will be of interest to any Canadian first time thomson dream guests out there?

and if you are outthere?

may I extend a big welcome to thomsons and our comunity.....come in and say hello

any questions....please do fire away...someone will know the answer:cool:

letus discuss the delights that will await you on your thomson dream cuba adventure?

dont be shy....we are very welcoming and friendly...once you get to know us;):)

Not sure what the last poster meant. As Geo says above we are friendly and welcoming. I was on the Dream Jan19th for 2 weeks and met some friendly Canadians who seemed to be enjoying themselves, although one couple was disappointed in the Dream being used to larger ships.