Credit Card Not Charged

cruisegirl25

We paid our final payment and it has showed up as a pending charge for 2 weeks. I called the credit company and they said that they have autherized the charge but they have not received the charge yet from Princess (I guess they have to send in paperwork.) I called Princess and they said that it has been paid and basically the rep gave me crap for calling. My question is can they cancel my booking if they never end up charging my card. Just kinda worried that I will show up there and they will not let us on the ship. Thanks.

This happened to me with Carnival. I was trying to convince Carnival that they had not been paid....go figure! I even had an invoice that said I had paid, but it had not been processed by my credit card company. 72 hours later it finally showed up!

Hi there,:)

My final charges didn't show up for 2 weeks after getting off the ship. It showed as charge, then a few days later it said Pending. A few days after that all my credit was back. 2 weeks later it was finally charged.

Wierd accounting but they will get their money.;)

the same thing is happening to me now. My final payment was due on July 18th. On the 20th I called the travel agency and was told it was computer generated and would to be charged in the next day or 2. I got a paid in full from the travel agency, my credit card showed the amount pending and a few days later my balance went back up and the charge was gone. I called Princess this morning and she said I was paid in full. So I called my credit card company and they don't have a charge for Princess. It's weird. I hope they fix it soon. I would like to pay off my card but I can't until they put the charge on there.

I've had a similar thing happen, but not with Princess. I'd made a payment for our wedding reception on my credit card. Due to an earlier snafu, I was watching the on-line statement very closely to ensure that the payment posted. Originally the amount of the charge was deducted from the available balance, but the charge didn't post. I called the hotel to verify that the payment had gone through after about a week. They had received the charge and had us marked as paid. Shortly after verifying the payment, my available balance returned to normal but the payment didn't post.

Long story short, the charge posted about 3+ months after the transaction. Apparently Visa wanted to give me an interest-free loan. :) If you've verified with your travel agent that Princess has received and accepted the charge, I'd not worry too much. Sometimes the credit card company likes to give us a little gift!

Cruisegirl. I'm still going thru the same thing too. I had a pending charge for a few days and its gone now also. the same thing is happening on my sons cabin and also another family that is going with us. We have a total of 5 cabins, counting yours with the same problem. Princess says all our bookings are paid for and our cabins are confirmed on the personalizer, but my credit card company says there are no charges from Princess.

I'm like you, I want the charges shown so I'll know for sure its ok. I wonder if we are using the same travel agent. Let us know when yours is finally resolved and I will do the same. i'm sure it's ok, just a little nerve wracking.

Wierd. When I call in clients' payments by their credit cards, I usually get an "approval code" which I write down in their file. When I get this approval code, I am told that the payment has gone through.

mamamaga - if you're not paid in full, you won't get your cruise documents. Without them, you couldn't get on the ship anyway. Not to worry!

When the charge first went through- the credit card company said that there was a charge pending from princess, that they had autherized it and was just waiting on paperwork from princess to come through. the cc company said that it could take two weeks for them to recieve it- but know they have not recieved anything and the charge has been removed.

Well, it's happening to me as well. We have a confirmation from the TA that we're paid in full, Princess also says we're paid in full, and our booking's still in the Personalizer, but the charge hasn't hit our card. Payment was made almost three weeks ago, but if they want to hold off on posting it, I won't complain... :D

Greyhound

Archived