Is ok Snorkel Tour -Cozumel Cruise Excursion

adx74

i was doing research yesterday and found out there are 2 Cozumel cruise excursion companies... one is a dot net and one is a dot com ... you might check out tripadviser.com for reviews...

I did plenty of research on snorkeling in Cozumel and found "Cozumel Tours" to have a very wide range of choices. But I never did book with a tour company.

For what it's worth, we got off the ship, took a cab to the Money Bar, walked out into the water and snorkeled. Snorkel excursion boats came and anchored in the same vicinity where we were snorkeling. We had our own gear, but there was a little gear rental hut at the Money Bar. It was a very cheap, easy "excursion!"

I did plenty of research on snorkeling in Cozumel and found "Cozumel Tours" to have a very wide range of choices. But I never did book with a tour company.

For what it's worth, we got off the ship, took a cab to the Money Bar, walked out into the water and snorkeled. Snorkel excursion boats came and anchored in the same vicinity where we were snorkeling. We had our own gear, but there was a little gear rental hut at the Money Bar. It was a very cheap, easy "excursion!"

I have been reading about the Money Bar. How was the snorkeling there?

Snorkeling there is great :D - some of the tour boats drop anchor off shore and let their guests snorkel in the same areas as those from shore. Rental gear and guides if you need them, plus good facilities, food, drinks, service, etc. No beach, just a sandy area for sunning and relaxing. No admission and taxi from the peirs will run about $10 (for up to 4 in a cab) each way.

i agree with the posters above.. Money bar is a great place to snorkel, food is good, beer is cold, waiters are effecient... it is just not as big as some of the other "beach clubs"... we used to go there when it was called something else and was just a beach shack... believe the owners name is Tom, but again not sure... this getting old is heck on the memory!! lol

We found it pretty good. There is no true reef, mostly rocks where the fish congregate, and schools of fish that seem to hang out in the area. There are a couple of artificial reefs that gather a lot of fish. We ourselves did not swim further out, where the snorkel boats anchor, but others did, so that might be even better.

We liked the convenience of the outing -- no early morning cattle call for an excursion, and when we were done, we left.

Keep in mind that they call it the Money Bar Beach Club, but there's very little beach -- it's mostly the iron shore typical of Cozumel. Still, there were lounge chairs, hammocks, tables with umbrellas, nice bathrooms, showers and changing rooms. It was perfect for us. And of course there is the restaurant (the actual "Money Bar,") but we did not eat there.

Although on other threads you can find way better pix of the Money Bar than mine, here are two shoreline shots I took in March:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400