Valor Debarkation Question

JAGR

Hi, All: We are sailing on the Valor out of San Juan in a few months. With the late departure, I know a lot of people board, have lunch and then go touring around Old San Juan. That got me thinking about the bottle of wine or champagne per person. DW likes a wine that Carnival does not offer. The late debark got me thinking. Let's say you bring your wine on at the initial boarding. Can you then go back to town and bring more on board? Carnival will still get a lot of drink purchases from us, but most importantly, DW would be happy. I've seen on threads that screening is not as tight as in Florida, and was curious if anyone had done this when they sailed on Valor. Thanks

Does the CVS sell wine?

Yes. Last month we brought 2 bottles on board with us and checked in, then went to explore Ft Morro, Old San Juan, etc. On the way back we got two more bottles of wine from CVS very close by and brought it on with us. No problem.

CVS - just down the waterfront from the pier sells wine, also there is a liquor store on the across street from Sheraton (on the water side). and there are 2 liquor stores at the port building - 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs.