We booked our first Garden Villa!

OhioGirl

I know its 558 days until we sail, but we are so excited. We booked the Garden Villa to celebrate 2 big birthdays...My sister is turning 60 next Sept and my husband will be turning 70 while we are on-board. Can't wait to enjoy 7 wonderful days in our private villa! Any suggestions on what we should not miss, please let me know!

We had the Garden Villa on the Dawn April 6 sailing and it was amazing...

The shared indoor room overlooking the pool is large.

The outdoor space is utterly ridiculous.

Don't miss the controls for the outdoor speakers up on the wall, by the door to the outside. (we didn't see them until the 2nd day)

Was a great space for the 8 of us staying in the 3 private cabins inside and for the other 6 of our group staying in suites on deck 12..

You will love the Garden Villa! We have been fortunate enough to be in the GV on the Dawn twice. The number one thing I loved (and bguppies, I really enjoyed your review but you didn't seem to utilize this area much) was the outdoor space, particularly the hot tub (the pool area and general hot tubs were always SO crowded, and I prefer to hot tub with my own family!) and the large, shaded dining table, where we enjoyed many a family breakfast and even a couple of lunches. And, of course, the room itself is lovely -- I'm partial to bedroom #3 as the closet was big enough to put a bed in for my daughter so everyone had a little privacy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know its 558 days until we sail, but we are so excited. We booked the Garden Villa to celebrate 2 big birthdays...My sister is turning 60 next Sept and my husband will be turning 70 while we are on-board. Can't wait to enjoy 7 wonderful days in our private villa! Any suggestions on what we should not miss, please let me know!

Congrats, you'll love it! We're in the Garden Villa on the Jewel this November and previously sailed in the Garden Villa on the Pearl. Like you, we booked the GV this year to celebrate a lot of family happenings - our 25th wedding anniversary, I turn 50 while on the cruise...in Cozumel..uh oh, our oldest son will be a senior in college and our youngest son while be a senior in high school. I was so giddy booking that GV I actually invited my mother-in-law to go on the cruise.

You'll have an awesome time and will:

1.) Get to select 6 bottles of alcohol

2.) Be able to enjoy your private 8 person hot tub

3.) Enjoy your own private cabana area around the hot tub

4.) Have your own private suntanning deck

5.) Have your own private sauna

We booked our first GV for our second cruise and the biggest mistake I made was spending more time out of the GV exploring the ship. I won't be making that mistake this time!

Enjoy!!!

Thanks everyone...we will be on the Jade! We can't wait! I'll keep it in mind that we might be able to add 2 more passengers...one under the piano..maybe one out on the deck! LOL~!

Thanks everyone...we will be on the Jade! We can't wait! I'll keep it in mind that we might be able to add 2 more passengers...one under the piano..maybe one out on the deck! LOL~!

Wow OhioGirl - that will be amazing......! I wish some day - when I win the lottery... :p

You might enjoy some of the virtual "360° Tour" of the ship (if you scroll down there is also some footage from the Garden Villa's master room and living room):

http://iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=3719&brochureid=ICE5957&mtype=4280&type=vr&browser_popup=700x450

I will be on the Jade myself in an aft-facing penthouse suite on deck 10 myself next month (the one called "Romance Suite" in the virtual tour), so we will have much less space than you will have - but still looking forward to some sweet suite life! :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

I don't think I agreed to sleeping al fresco:D

Congrats! You are going to LOVE it! We had our first GV on Gem in January of 2013, and will be in Dawn's next month. One thing we did request last time, was that a photographer come to the room on a night we dresses up and have formal pics taken there, with the GV as the "backdrop", rather than the fake ones in the public areas. That was the BEST thing we did- I have those photos hanging all over our house!

I was also recently tipped off that they will put together a private BBQ for lunch or dinner in your outdoor space if you request. We plan to do this for my Dad's BD next month.

Just a couple of tips, and will let you know if I come across anymore this time- have a GREAT time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by LegallyBlonder

You will love the Garden Villa! We have been fortunate enough to be in the GV on the Dawn twice. The number one thing I loved (and bguppies' date=' I really enjoyed your review but you didn't seem to utilize this area much) was the outdoor space, particularly the hot tub (the pool area and general hot tubs were always SO crowded, and I prefer to hot tub with my own family!) and the large, shaded dining table, where we enjoyed many a family breakfast and even a couple of lunches. And, of course, the room itself is lovely -- I'm partial to bedroom #3 as the closet was big enough to put a bed in for my daughter so everyone had a little privacy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Yeah, like I said in my review, that was one of my major regrets was not using the outdoor space as much as we wanted.

The first sea day, the ship was going so fast trying to make Roatan, it was way too windy to do much outside, until the Captain hit the brakes when they found out, no Roatan. :(

Got some good use, on our unscheduled sea day.

But then in Belize, we stayed on, went down to the pool and DW's bad sunburn (and my lesser one) pretty much killed the outside for us, for the rest of the cruise.

Everybody else got to enjoy it more than we did.

It is a truly spectacular space.

And speaking of stash places in the cabin.

My brother had his twins in the patio cabin and my nephew had a twin set up in the walk in closet and there was still plenty of room to maneuver in there and leave the bed set up all day.

The master cabin and patio cabin, both had walk in closets, bigger than some inside cabins I've sailed in. ;)

Bill

Edited by bguppies