Suggestions on best time of day for floatplane

Travel beagle

I've traveled Alaska by floatplane - DH is a floatplane pilot. While there are no absolutes in Alaska's variable weather you will have better odds of less fog if you book an afternoon flight. We've had frequent fog delays departing in the a.m. in SE Alaska.

I've traveled Alaska by floatplane - DH is a floatplane pilot. While there are no absolutes in Alaska's variable weather you will have better odds of less fog if you book an afternoon flight. We've had frequent fog delays departing in the a.m. in SE Alaska.

And I've had only one morning flight canceled, that was early morning. :)

Have flown at least 10 time on early morning flights out of Ketchikan. Early morning flights have some chance of getting a later flight if needed.

the low angle light of very early or very late flights provide better detail and color. with bright sun high overhead, colors are flat and get washed out.

i've been fogged out most often standing on a remote beach waiting for a pickup on a friday afternoon. or maybe those are just the ones i remember.

I am looking at the 11:30 or the 3:30 flights thinking the 7:30 is way too early for our group ... Thanks much

You might have trouble getting some people for a tour that early.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app