Interior Spa Cabin on Breeze

shaycamp21

Since it sounds like there are many issues with Balcony Breeze staterooms how about the interior spa cabins? Do you feel the rocking of the ship that high up and that far forward? Are they the same size as Balcony cabins (minus the balcony of course)? Would you book this over a Balcony guarantee?

Edited by shaycamp21

Not sure what balcony problems you are talking about. We just returned from the Breeze sailing in a Spa Balcony cabin. Everything was great, no issues with the cabin. Was there something I should have noticed? There was a bit of rocking but that could be felt throughout the ship, not just in our cabin.

We started with a balcony guarantee and were eventually upgraded, free of charge, to a spa balcony. I'd never do inside again.

enjoy

Since it sounds like there are many issues with Balcony Breeze staterooms how about the interior spa cabins? Do you feel the rocking of the ship that high up and that far forward? Are they the same size as Balcony cabins (minus the balcony of course)? Would you book this over a Balcony guarantee?

The interior spa cabin we had on the Magic was definitely smaller than the inside of the balcony cabins. My son brought a tape measure. The balcony inside is 185sq ft. The interior is smaller, maybe 150sq ft., but definitely under 160sq ft. Don't believe the stats Carnival gives. They seem to be the same standard numbers for every room and that is not always the case.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

What is this "issue" you speak of?:confused:

We had a Lido balcony last April, and have another one, this July.

If you are talking about being that high up, you are up one more level, on Deck 11.:eek:

Please, enlighten us.

The issues with the balconies that I have read about (not experienced as we have never cruised Carnival) are that many of the balconies are not in good locations and many overlook public areas so they don't feel that private. This is why I am reluctant to book a balcony guarantee and was considering an interior spa room but was wondering if you feel more rocking that forward and high up. On past cruises (Disney, NCL) we were mid ship and never really felt the motion.

Edited by shaycamp21

The issues with the balconies that I have read about (not experienced as we have never cruised Carnival) are that many of the balconies are not in good locations and many overlook public areas so they don't feel that private. This is why I am reluctant to book a balcony guarantee and was considering an interior spa room but was wondering if you feel more rocking that forward and high up. On past cruises (Disney, NCL) we were mid ship and never really felt the motion.

On the Breeze, there is an outdoor walkway (a lanai) on deck 5 that goes around the entire ship. For balconies up high, that's not really an issue. You can see it when you look straight down, but it's no big deal, and you can't be seen by people on the lanai. But with deck 6 or 7 balconies, especially where the lanai is wider, and especially where the hot tubs are, people on the lanai or in the hot tubs can see onto those lower balconies. Cove balconies down on deck 2 don't have that problem, looking straight down to the water, but some coves are over the noisy galley. I would want to book my own room, unless the deal was very amazing.

There is more motion felt up high & forward. Midship & low is best for avoiding the motion. Probably a cove balcony under the midship dining room would be best for having a balcony + lack of motion. That's what we had on the Breeze. When I've stayed higher up on a ship, I have noticed more movement. It doesn't bother me, but I've noticed it. And yes, the interiors are definitely smaller than the indoors part of a balcony. No doubt about it, but still enough room for 2 people.

Here's a pic to show you the view from the lanai. This is probably what you were hearing about.

0116.jpg

Edited by k2excursion