Carnival Breeze Balcony Selection Help!

airlinerob

Hi,

I am traveling with two friends of mine, and we are booked on the Carnival Breeze.

Currently, we are booked in Cove Balcony (7C) cabins 2353 and 2357.

Are they good? We don't necessarily have to be next to each other. The other cabins available are:

Or, for the same price, we can get a category 8D balcony, and have the choice of:

If you had to choose between a 7C cove balcony and a 8D balcony, which would you choose, and which 2 cabins are the best (in your opinion)?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Robert

The staterooms that you have chosen, 2353 and 2357 are quads, do you have 4 people in your room? If not, I believe Carnival can boot you out of those rooms if they have four guests requiring a quad room and move you to a double. I could be wrong but I believe I had read this happening to someone recently.

The only reason I would never book a cove balcony is if you run into bad weather, Carnival will prohibit access to your balcony.

Any of the 8D balcony staterooms that you listed are in good locations. I don't like being on the lower decks, the higher I am, the better. We just got off the Breeze on Saturday and stayed on Deck 10, it was GREAT. The Breeze is absolutely beautiful, the food was great, the bartender at the Red Frog Pub made some powerful drinks, it was our favorite spot for pre-dinner drinks.

Hi..I just got off the Breeze yesterday. We stayed in a balcony cabin on Lido deck just a few doors from the door the leads out to the pool. We loved this location as it was very convenient to everything on lido and atrium elevators.

You will get mixed reviews on cove balcony cabins. The cove is very close to the water which many people really like. You will not get sun if that is something that is important to you.

Regardless of which type you choose, you'll love the Breeze. It's a lovely ship and the crew is terrific.

The staterooms that you have chosen, 2353 and 2357 are quads, do you have 4 people in your room? If not, I believe Carnival can boot you out of those rooms if they have four guests requiring a quad room and move you to a double. I could be wrong but I believe I had read this happening to someone recently.

The only reason I would never book a cove balcony is if you run into bad weather, Carnival will prohibit access to your balcony.

Any of the 8D balcony staterooms that you listed are in good locations. I don't like being on the lower decks, the higher I am, the better. We just got off the Breeze on Saturday and stayed on Deck 10, it was GREAT. The Breeze is absolutely beautiful, the food was great, the bartender at the Red Frog Pub made some powerful drinks, it was our favorite spot for pre-dinner drinks.

The cabins I listed were the only ones still available.

Of the ones I posted, which do you think is best?

BTW - It's my first time on the Breeze. I'd love to read a full review and any other hints you may have to offer. Was this the 8 night Southern itinerary?

Hi..I just got off the Breeze yesterday. We stayed in a balcony cabin on Lido deck just a few doors from the door the leads out to the pool. We loved this location as it was very convenient to everything on lido and atrium elevators.

You will get mixed reviews on cove balcony cabins. The cove is very close to the water which many people really like. You will not get sun if that is something that is important to you.

Regardless of which type you choose, you'll love the Breeze. It's a lovely ship and the crew is terrific.

Hi Abisha!

As I said, the only cabins that are left are the ones I posted. Of those, if you were to choose 2 cabins, which would you choose?

Are you planning on writing a review? It's my first time on the Breeze so I'd really like to hear it and get any tips/hints!

Robert

Maybe you should give one a go since the odds are they will never be closed. Last sept we had a cove and hovered around hurricane Ingrid for our cruise and they were never closed on us. If weather was bad enough for them to be closed they would change route before it got to the point of closing them off.

Maybe you should give one a go since the odds are they will never be closed. Last sept we had a cove and hovered around hurricane Ingrid for our cruise and they were never closed on us. If weather was bad enough for them to be closed they would change route before it got to the point of closing them off.

I've heard a few stories about them being closed, but never for an extended period of time.

Robert

Hi,

I am traveling with two friends of mine, and we are booked on the Carnival Breeze.

Currently, we are booked in Cove Balcony (7C) cabins 2353 and 2357.

Are they good? We don't necessarily have to be next to each other. The other cabins available are:

Or, for the same price, we can get a category 8D balcony, and have the choice of:

If you had to choose between a 7C cove balcony and a 8D balcony, which would you choose, and which 2 cabins are the best (in your opinion)?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Robert

Absolutely the cove. I've been in a cove & in a high up balcony. I would much rather be closer to the water. It seems that that sentiment is much more common. Cove balconies are very rarely locked up. It takes a lot for them to do that, and even then, it's not for long. It didn't happen at all on our 8-day cruise, and I very rarely hear of it happening.

The cabins you have listed are probably not the only ones still available. Carnival's booking engine will only give you 10 choices, even if there are 100 available. If you call Carnival, they are able to see all availability.

With cove balconies, you do not want one below the galley. Those can be noisy, as the crew work in the galley/kitchen all night long. Of the ones you listed, several are below the galley. The ones that aren't are 2275, 2279, & 2283. And those are near the lobby elevators. If I were you, I would stay put. The rooms you have are below the midship dining room, which is absolutely perfect. It's carpeted, plus it's empty all night long.

If you do decide to move up to deck 9, I would stick with any in the 9200s. Those will all have cabins both above & below. The 9400s are below the doorway areas leading from the buffet to the aft pool, which may not be good. 9444 & 9446 are below the pizzeria, which can be busy & noisy late at night. The 9200s are alright.

Edited by k2excursion