Venice: Luggage Storage & Airport Bus - St Marks Square

danrad

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help? I'm going to Venice on Tuesday and disembarking from a cruise. We haven't got a flight till the evening and want to spend the day in central Venice (St Marks Square area).

Is there anywhere in this area which can store our luggage for the day? I'm struggling to find somewhere in this area.

Also which buses would you recommend from St Marks Square to Marco Polo Airport? I have heard some water bus lines take longer than others.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

I don't know of any storage available at San Marco.

I think your best option is to store your luggage at Piazzale Roma, enjoy your day, then return to Piazzale Roma and take the land bus to the airport. Water travel is nice, but it takes much longer than land transport.

Left luggage office info is at the bottom of this page: http://www.trasbagagli.it/en/index.shtml?services

The ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma to the airport is here: http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35&view_pc=!

I don't know of any storage available at San Marco.

I think your best option is to store your luggage at Piazzale Roma, enjoy your day, then return to Piazzale Roma and take the land bus to the airport. Water travel is nice, but it takes much longer than land transport.

Left luggage office info is at the bottom of this page: http://www.trasbagagli.it/en/index.shtml?services

The ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma to the airport is here: http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35&view_pc=!

I second what Euro Cruiser said...

Just be sure to check the operating hours of the left luggage office. It wouldn't be good if they were closed when you returned to head to the airport...

Edited by Av8tor

Can anyone tell me if the buses have ample space for luggage between the pick up point in Venice and the airport?

Also our flight is at noon and we don't know how early we should catch the bus to get there with enough time. We overnight in Venice on the ship and it looks like disembarkation starts at 6 am (but we don't want that early).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone tell me if the buses have ample space for luggage between the pick up point in Venice and the airport?

Also our flight is at noon and we don't know how early we should catch the bus to get there with enough time. We overnight in Venice on the ship and it looks like disembarkation starts at 6 am (but we don't want that early).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The city buses have little or no room for luggage. The ATVO buses have a large hold underneath (they're similar to a greyhound bus). If I remember correctly the ATVO buses leave twice an hr; at 20 and 50 minutes after the hr.

We caught the 9:20am ATVO bus for our noon flight to JFK. We only had about 10 minutes to spare before the flight started boarding .... the airport is a zoo so don't dawdle!

If you take a bus to the airport, it will depart from Piazzale Roma so you'll need to take the People Mover from the pier to P Roma. Allow time for that since there might be long lines.

p.s. the People Mover is a less than a 5 minute ride but if there are several ships disembarking, there could be thousands of passengers heading for it.

Edited by mapleleaves
p.s.