Helsinki: Oceania Marina

palermo22

The website does show your ship..... you just didn't scroll down far enough. Apparently you only looked at ships that will berth at South Harbour. The Marina is scheduled to berth at West Harbour, which is shown much further down in the list.

Whoops! Guess someone was posting at the same time. Just saw buggins0402 post after I posted this.

Edited by journeyfan

Sounds easy except it does not show our ship (Oceania Marina) or its arrival day (8/8/2014)

It says the port location is Hernesaari quat LHC

Looks like #1 on this map

http://www.portofhelsinki.fi/passengers/international_cruise

You can put the name of the ship MARINA in the name box on the page I gave it should bring up all dates it is there

palmero;

Oceania and the Marina provided free bus transportation about every 20 minutes from the port to the town harbor. Helsiniki is a very walkable town and one need not pay for an expensive tour to see the sights there

Same experience as above for us on Marina 2 years ago with the shuttle, although I forget which dock we used. From where the shuttle drops we walked 1 or 2 blocks to take a tram that went down to the waterfront. Down there was (surprise) Regatta or Nautica, docked right there (sigh!) I DO remember that the shuttle drivers took a long lunch break (maybe 2 hours), so check Oceania's Currents newsletter for information to make sure you don't get stuck. I took a tram back at lunch to get my husband, but it required a lot of walking from the end of the tram to the port. My feet are still killing me. Keep in mind that towards mid afternoon, there could be a long line for the shuttle. Everyone got on, but it was pretty iffy, and crowded.

If you're interested, I can see if I still have info on where the shuttle drops you.

Edited by roothy123

Same experience as above for us on Marina 2 years ago with the shuttle, although I forget which dock we used. From where the shuttle drops we walked 1 or 2 blocks to take a tram that went down to the waterfront. Down there was (surprise) Regatta or Nautica, docked right there (sigh!) I DO remember that the shuttle drivers took a long lunch break (maybe 2 hours), so check Oceania's Currents newsletter for information to make sure you don't get stuck. I took a tram back at lunch to get my husband, but it required a lot of walking from the end of the tram to the port. My feet are still killing me. Keep in mind that towards mid afternoon, there could be a long line for the shuttle. Everyone got on, but it was pretty iffy, and crowded.

If you're interested, I can see if I still have info on where the shuttle drops you.

Thank you for the info (as well as what you provided about my Copenhagen questions). I'll wait till I get on the ship - I'll have a better idea at that point of where to go.