Jewel New Deck Plans!

brunolvr

What is also interesting is if you click on the What's On board section and go to bars it lists the Sugarcane Mojito Bar. Wonder if this is a mistake or if they re-branded one of of the bars (Possibly the old Star Bar?). They would need to keep some sort of bar up there to service Cagney's and Moderno.

The star bar is GONE! :mad:

The bar looks to still be there though... I'd bet you can still slip in there for a drink.

Old Moderno had a bar, too... but if I recall correctly, only had like four barstools.

Edited by triptolemus

The bar looks to still be there though... I'd bet you can still slip in there for a drink.

Old Moderno had a bar, too... but if I recall correctly, only had like four barstools.

It's off the list of what's on that deck too....but you would think they would leave it especially since Moderno & Cagney's has a bar on BA.....maybe it's a typical "land-based" error.

Edited by peg013

What is also interesting is if you click on the What's On board section and go to bars it lists the Sugarcane Mojito Bar. Wonder if this is a mistake or if they re-branded one of of the bars (Possibly the old Star Bar?). They would need to keep some sort of bar up there to service Cagney's and Moderno.

Looks like we're okay.....also on that list is the Moderno Bar.

"Sit back and enjoy your favorite drink at the Moderno Bar. Cuisine: Churrascaria Accommodates: 4

Edited by peg013

My hunch was correct: http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/norwegian-jewel-adds-osheehans-pub-carlos-bake-shop-scrubbers-and-shore-power-capability.html

blue lagoon was free anyway and has the similar food to osheehans - they doubled the size of it

see star bar has gone - so now where is the concierge lounge as that was it

The Star Bar itself is still there but now the Mojito Bar :)

Talking about the Mojito bar ....

On our SUN cruise in January this year we attended a Mojito tasting - we went, out of curiosity (since the only mojito we knew at the time was the lime/mint kind) and even "dragged" friends (EnsignPulsiver) to join us. It turned out to be a surprise for us - and it was so good! We were given the usual lime, raspberry, orange and strawberry mojitos. Very good tasting.

So we welcome the new Mojito/Martini bars!!

The star bar is GONE! :mad:

I have such fond memories of the Star Bar. It will truly be missed - even if the bar itself is still alive and well the seating areas and the piano look like they've gone away. The seating capacity definitely makes me think the bar is just for decoration now and not functional. :(

I have such fond memories of the Star Bar. It will truly be missed - even if the bar itself is still alive and well the seating areas and the piano look like they've gone away. The seating capacity definitely makes me think the bar is just for decoration now and not functional. :(

I am afraid it will be more of a service bar for Cagney's and Moderno

I thnk the seating capacity of 4 for Moderno Bar is old info and not accurate. There is no seating capacity indicated for the new Mojito bar as of now.

Edited by triptolemus

Does anyone know if the dry dock included other things like new carpet, new TV's in staterooms, new lounge chairs etc?

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

The article from SeaTrader stated new carpet in public areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim