Marina Cruise Terminal In Copenhagen

palermo22

Thank you

It stated ORIENTKAJ!

Will we be within a 20 minute walk to the Metro or will we need public transportation?

I would ask on the Northern Europe ports of call forum

"Danish Viking" is very helpful

We docked there but just to a taxi to the airport

I did a quick look using Google Earth, and it looks like bus 26 goes pretty close to Orientkaj (maybe a 15 minute walk) - up north from other piers/quays. I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to use the public transportation web site, but if you don't get any help on the Northern Europe board, you might want to look at Dsb.dk or movia.dk for routings from Orientkaj. If you're there on a Saturday or Sunday, check to make sure the bus runs that day. As for a metro stop, the closest place to get either the metro or a train (and I'm not sure which it is) would be about 13 minutes away on foot (according to google maps) to Nordhavn. That doesn't sound so bad, although of course I take all directions I get from Google maps with a tiny grain of salt - I add some additional time. But from there you should be able to get to a lot of places.

If you can get down to the Little Mermaid and find the public water taxi, you can take that to a number of convenient locations.

Might try putting this into your browser: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ftid=0x465252ec394dd237:0xeb486d18c2abc725&q=type:transit_station:Kalkbr%C3%A6nderihavnsgade

At least it will give you an idea of the dock location, and the last "gade" part (gade is street) tells you where you catch the bus - pretty close, but have to take a round about route to it! Also, that rejseplanen site listed below the word "Review" is a good routing site.

If you don't get any help from Danish Viking let me know and I'll figure it out for you - if you give me an idea of where you want to go (Nyhavn?) and what day of the week and approximate time you'll be in Copenhagen. I'm pretty good with that sort of thing, and not afraid of a challenge!

Edited by roothy123

I've posted on this before in other threads. The Ports in Copenhagen are under a long term reconstruction project. The cruise ships are now loading in the very industrial North Harbor. There is no public transportation within the Harbor facilities, except for cabs doing pick ups and unloads. It is not a place to walk to. After one leaves the main street, and enters the fenced in industrial complex, and thus any public transport, walking is not recommended. One's ship could well be close to a kilometer from the port entrance. It is an area of large trucks, large forklifts carrying heavy loads, and lots of commercial traffic. It is in no way what one might consider a cruise ship port, even though until Project completion, now 2018, that is what it is.

Be safe and take a taxi!;)