Anyone using the Tour saver Book?

tweety522

Hi

We just ordered this book . Looking to maybe try th hipline, rafting and maybe whale watching. Has any done these before?

I am using it for the train from Anchorage to Seward. I ordered the tickets, got charged for one fare,then had to send in the coupon to AK RR to get the credit for the balance remaining.

I am doing the scenic float on the Kenai River with Drifters Lodge, just mentioned the coupon and received the discount. I am bringing it with me just in case they do want it. We are possibly using the tram ticket in Juneau, and the Sealife Center in Seward.

I am using it for the train from Anchorage to Seward. I ordered the tickets' date=' got charged for one fare,then had to send in the coupon to AK RR to get the credit for the balance remaining.

I am doing the scenic float on the Kenai River with Drifters Lodge, just mentioned the coupon and received the discount. I am bringing it with me just in case they do want it. We are possibly using the tram ticket in Juneau, and the Sealife Center in Seward.[/quote']

Thanks our book just came in the mail today.

We got the TourSaver book for our August cruise. So far I've booked Whale Watching in Juneau, a $159 savings, and Sea Kayaking in Ketchikan, an $89 savings. We're also going to use it for the Mount Roberts Tramway in Juneau and maybe the Gold Creek Salmon Bake.

I ended up ordering the Northern Lights coupon book as I did not find any of the major excursion coupons helpful for my needs. Since I booked some of my major excursions early, I was able to get early booking discounts from several of the vendors saving roughly $300+.

I am going to use the 2 for 1 coupons for the SeaLife Center, Animal Conservation Center , Tram Coupons for Mt Roberts & Alyeska Trams, the Musk Ox and Reindeer Farms in Palmer and possibly some of the museums in Anchorage depending on timing.

Where do U order it from?

Not sure if we can post the website due to rules regarding the tour books. But if you Google Northern Lights Alaska Coupons, the website will come up in the search. Same for the Alaska Tour Savers book, which is more expensive.

Compare the offerings and decide which meets your needs best.

We actually had both last year. Both coupon books had very similar coupons with the Northern Lights having additional coupons for food. In hindsight, I should have just ordered the Northern Lights book as it fit our needs better. Compare both books before you order. Also - if you have 4 in your group, you will need to order 2 in order to really take advantage of any 2 for 1 deals.

As locals, we even use them. Got a great 2 for 1 deal last year on a trip to Glacier Bay from Anchorage. Flew down to Gustavus using airline miles and then had the 2/1 deals with our room at the Glacier Bay Lodge and the day boat trip into Glacier Bay itself.

Also good deals on hotel rooms at Denali but hotels can be pretty restrictive on when they are available.

is it possible to pick up a copy of this book while you are in Anchorage? I am leaving on Tuesday for our trip, i think its too late to have one mailed. thanks

Check each website - they both list where you can buy their books locally :)

is it possible to pick up a copy of this book while you are in Anchorage? I am leaving on Tuesday for our trip, i think its too late to have one mailed. thanks

Which book? But yes, the Alaska Toursaver and the Northern Lights are available at retail outlets. (We saw the Toursaver at several Safeway/Carrs grocery stores in various towns.)

Check their web sites for details.

http://www.toursaver.com/

http://www.alaska-discounts.com/retail-outlets/#post-457

Barnes and Noble in Anchorage shipped the Northern Lights book to our local Barnes and Noble, so I assume they still have the books in stock there.