The Jade Cruise to Greece and Turkey

penders

Any information on the Greece and Turkey Cruise I am booked on The Jade leaving on June 7th and was wondering what the weather was like and just a insight to the whole holiday

I have walking problems and am taking a taking a collapsible mobility scooter with me and hope to be able to take on the NCL excursions, Does anyone know if It is possible to take it on a tender with help from my partner

Any information will be most grateful:)

Any information on the Greece and Turkey Cruise I am booked on The Jade leaving on June 7th and was wondering what the weather was like and just a insight to the whole holiday

I have walking problems and am taking a taking a collapsible mobility scooter with me and hope to be able to take on the NCL excursions, Does anyone know if It is possible to take it on a tender with help from my partner

Any information will be most grateful:)

I took the Greece cruise last week May 10-17 and started a thread on it that may have some information that would be of interest to you. There is a board for here on cc for cruisers with disabilities and if I were you I would check to see what information you can find out over there that might help you.

We took the Ultimate Corfu excursion through NCL and there were about 15 people on it with a maximum of 20. We had a lady with mobility issues on our excursion. She walked behind and pushed what appeared to be a borrowed or rented her wheelchair at times and sat in it and her husband pushed it at other times. It was very apparent that she immensely enjoyed this excursion.

Santorini and Mykonos will be a challenge for sure with a scooter or wheel chair. I think booking excursions that drive around the island is a really good idea for you as the towns are full of stairs and small alleyways.

Penders, are you staying in a hotel in Venice or arriving on cruise day? I have taken two trips out of Venice; not on Jade but other lines. The weather will be warm at all ports; but the water will be smooth; so sailing will be great. Which itinerary are you on?

Late last summer one of the terminal buildings was under renovation and we had to walk couple of hundred meters in the "tube" from the ship to the terminal behind it - I'd assume that the construction work has been completed between then and now, I'll see end of next week.

I noticed in the Freestyle Daily when we tendered in Santorini there was a note to people with wheelchairs and scooters that they may not be able to be accommodated for tenders. There was a weight restriction on scooters and electric chairs. In Santorini . the woman who had a cabin two down from ours was saying she had to stay on board as the tenders couldn't take her scooter and there was also no way for her to get up to Fira as the cars were not set up for scooters or wheelchairs and neither were the donkey steps.

I would suggest checking with NCL on this. Normally Split is a tender port and the Jade actually docked there for the first time two weeks back.