InterContinental Miami VS Hampton Inn Brickell

Belci

Hello,

Some advice please. We have narrowed it down to these 2 hotels for a day and night stay before our cruise next year. We are a group of 8 with 5 adults and 3 children(8,11,11). It is our first time in the Miami area and we thought these 2 hotels would be best. We would like to see Miami a bit,walk around, maybe cab it to South Beach for a couple hours and have nearby places to stock up on pre cruise items(booze,water, snacks etc)

I'm also open to the beach area, however, we figured the downtown area would offer us more options.

What hotel would be more better suited for our purposes?

Any thoughts and advice would be great.

Thanks

Hello,

Some advice please. We have narrowed it down to these 2 hotels for a day and night stay before our cruise next year. We are a group of 8 with 5 adults and 3 children(8,11,11). It is our first time in the Miami area and we thought these 2 hotels would be best. We would like to see Miami a bit,walk around, maybe cab it to South Beach for a couple hours and have nearby places to stock up on pre cruise items(booze,water, snacks etc)

I'm also open to the beach area, however, we figured the downtown area would offer us more options.

What hotel would be more better suited for our purposes?

Any thoughts and advice would be great.

Thanks

The Intercontinental would be ideal. Bayside is across the street with restaurants and family friendly activities and entertainment in the evening. There is a CVS Pharmacy a couple of blocks away to stock up on your pre-cruise goodies and a Publix a taxi ride away. There are other very good restaurants within walking distance.

You can figure at least $25 cab fare one way to South Beach, which is great for the beach and people watching, but not so family friendly in the evening for young children.

Agree with Intercontinental. When you go to Bayside Mall, you can catch some nice water boat tours. Too, the Hop On Hop Off bus stops there and you can do a tour of the whole Miami area getting off and reboarding later.

I actually think that either hotel would work.

Intercontinental is a highrise and full service hotel.

Hampton Inn has two advantages; one is that it includes a buffet breakfast in the morning and it is closer to Mary Brickell which has a nicer choice of restaurants.

Both are about the same distance as South Beach.

Hampton Inn is closer to a Publix grocery store versus the CVS which Interncontinental is near and the Publix will have a far greater of wine, beer and snacks.

Based on what you said I actually would go with the Hampton Inn because of the location and the breakfast. Just my two cents.

Keith

Thanks Keith, you make some really good points! Having the Publix close and free breakfast is very important. I think we may just go to Hampton Inn.

Thanks again!

We just returned from our cruise which began in Miami. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, and loved it! Very nice hotel in the middle of everything, and as mentioned, it offers free breakfast, which was great. The offer a shuttle to the cruise port, for only $8 per person. You just have to book it at check in the night before. You won't be sorry if you choose this hotel.:)