Ryndam and Statendam are coming to P&O Australia!!

I really don't like either name... they just don't roll off of the tongue very well... the ex-HAL ships may be more elegant ships than former Carnival and Ocean Village tonnage, but I think that Aria and Eden is stretching it a bit....

I never did get around to entering.... I wanted Pacific Surf and Pacific Wave.

But I will probably never sail P&O Oz, so it doesn't affect me. I am concerned what the HAL ships will look like in the all-white P&O Livery.

But I will probably never sail P&O Oz, so it doesn't affect me. I am concerned what the HAL ships will look like in the all-white P&O Livery.

If you won't sail them, it probably doesn't matter what they look like either... ;)

But the guidance so far is they'll be retained in their current livery.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please take good care of our Hal ships. I have very fond memories of cruising on both of them and am sad to see them leave the Hal fleet.

I think P&O would be making a big mistake adding on 300 or so new cabins to get to that 1,500 mark. Those ship will not handled that many more passengers well for that amount of open space.

Edited by PathfinderEss

I think P&O would be making a big mistake adding on 300 or so new cabins to get to that 1,500 mark. Those ship will not handled that many more passengers well for that amount of open space.

As said before, there's nothing to indicate extra cabins are being added. The 1500 mark is their current full capacity. i.e. including 3/4.

I love Statendam. I doubt the wonderful artworks will go with the Dam ships. Will be a totally different feel under P&O so I will hang on to my memories.

I would imagine the artworks will be owned by Holland America in some sort of holding and not part of the Carnival takeover. It is likely they will be removed and then used in any newbuilds further down the track.

It would be dreadful if they were left on board for the yobbos to ransack and throw overboard as they have done in the past.

• 1 month later...
I would imagine the artworks will be owned by Holland America in some sort of holding and not part of the Carnival takeover. It is likely they will be removed and then used in any newbuilds further down the track.

It would be dreadful if they were left on board for the yobbos to ransack and throw overboard as they have done in the past.

While I wouldn't be surprised if they are removed, I doubt they would be used in future newbuilds. I don't think it lends the line a good image for them to re-use artwork. RCL has removed a fair number of pieces of art as they've refurbished the ships and replaced those areas with cabins or trapeze displays. I don't know where they go, but I don't believe they're recycled within the line.

First look of Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden from P&O:

Absolutely gorgeous.

I've seen these ships and have done a lot of cruises on HAL.

I never really liked this class of ships but all I'm doing is watching this video over and over again and can't stop saying WOW.

HAL certainly let a lot of potential slip through its fingers