How does Carnival Handle Food Allergies?

Josie2015

I'm allergic to bell peppers and squid. Can you contact dietary ahead of time or talk to the chef when you get there? If you can do it ahead of time, can you still do my time dining or would we have to do one of the preset time options? Thanks in advance.

I just booked a four day for next month taking two of our grandsons...one has a peanut and shellfish allergy...our PVP noted the info at the time of booking and said she will inform appropriate people but she also said to notify the Maitre'd in the dining room...we do have fixed dining but actually didn't do it because of his allergies...

• 5 weeks later...

I have a severe dairy allergy (milk, cream, butter, cheese) and I simply notified my waiter in the dining room on the first night. I had to be careful what to choose on that night, however, from that point forward, the waiter brought me the menu for the next night and I went ahead and ordered what I wanted. Of course, I couldn't order things like the mango cream soup and such, but, most everything else, they could accommodate. I also ate in the steak house twice last week and they worked around it as well.

This allergy is especially difficult since anything good has butter or cream in it, but I was perfectly fine. As far as eating in the buffet and such, I just had to really pay attention to things.

Good luck!

Brad

My nephew has severe peanut allergies. His mom has always called Carnival ahead of time, and they arrange for the maitre'd to check with him each night at dinner, to choose his meal for the NEXT night. It's worked wonderfully for him!

Go to the MDR when it is open the first day. A hostess will take your order for that night and for breakfast/brunch. Order what you want. If you are undecided order it all.

If you have ATD the hostess will have your order on a slip of paper to give to your waiter.

I went in on Embarkation day and spoke to the YTD hostess about my food preferences. I am allergic to shrimp and dislike anchovies. I was able to place my first order with her that day (Caesar salad w/o anchovy paste, which I had every night). That night I placed my elegant night order of 2 lobster tails no shrimp with my waiter

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen
adding info