Taxi for 6?

Me, my wife and 4 teenage boys will be in Barcelona in a few weeks. Will we have any problems finding a cab for 6 of us and 6 pieces of carry on luggage? We will need to get from the airport to our Hotel in Las Ramblas and then a few days later from our hotel to the cruise port.

So how hard is it to get a cab for 6?

Any guesses on approximate cost from airport to Las Ramblas area?

Thank you.

Barcelona taxis carry 4 or 7 passengers. The large vehicles carry a supplement of 2.10 and would be hard to just find. You would need to call to book one. I do not have personal experience, but the taxi 'guard' at the airport must be able to get one of these vehicles on occasion, but I am not sure.

The port and airport both have supplements of 4.10 added to the metered fare.

http://www.amb.cat/documents/336719/397302/Tarifa+Taxi+2014_2/09cea0cc-fb99-4bd2-ac2f-0e1e1db5db76

One of the taxi dispatch centers would be able to help or contact the hotel or taxi rank 'guard' for assistance.

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/tabid/1996/Default.aspx

Estimated fare to Las Ramblas daytime around 37 euro to 41 nighttime night for large vehicle.

Estimated fare from Ramblas to port around 20 euro.

If your hotel is near Catalunya Sq. I would just take the aerobus when you arrive. It runs frequently and carries luggage and passengers comfortable. We did this twice and just walked to our nearby hotel. Very easy and much less costly.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/InfoPractica_FP/1237554338321/1237554338469/City-buses.html?other=1237554338235

If your hotel is near Catalunya Sq. I would just take the aerobus when you arrive. It runs frequently and carries luggage and passengers comfortable. We did this twice and just walked to our nearby hotel. Very easy and much less costly.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/InfoPractica_FP/1237554338321/1237554338469/City-buses.html?other=1237554338235

Thanks for the advice. Not thrilled about the bus but will keep it as a back up option. I am trying to figure out if I should set up a transfer in advance or see if we can find a 6 passenger cab. Thank you.

We have landed in Barcelona anywhere from the most common times, to some of the more unusual hours. However, I have often seen that taxis at the curb ranging from plentiful to none.

Unless it poses a problem for you, I would really suggest that you contact one of the van transfer services usually mentioned in this forum.

That way, you'll have the comfort of knowing that a van meeting you will be there and that you can also request a driver who knows English....

Edited by Rickey 88

Aerobus is up to 5.90 a person now and for 6 passengers will be 35.40. I use this as a solo all the time, but in your situation a large taxi would be beneficial.

While having a driver waiting is great, you will pay for this service in case of delay and have never not found taxis readily available. The necessity of the large vehicle does make it a little more complicated but surely easily handled.

I have no idea how good they are about answering email requests for information at infotaxi@amb.cat , but that is an option.

Thank you everyone.

I will probably set up a transfer in advance. The only issue is the cost. It is $100. I was guessing a cab would be $50.

One time isn't a big deal. But during our 1 month trip we have a total of 10 transfers. It adds up quick so I am looking for cabs when possible.

Any recommendations for a van transfer service?

We have 6 in our group and are looking at airport transfers direct as our way of getting from the airport to the apartment we are staying at. We looked at the train and transit but with someone in our group who has mobility issues, plus 2 kids, this seems like a better option after the TA flight. We were quoted 60€ because of luggage and the scooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums