Cucina de capitano

mikem5

No, it's basically a pasta bar. You are given a sheet of paper and check off the ingredients (meats/veggies) you want included in your pasta platter, and hand it to your server. Bread and salad are included, but no dessert that I recall. It was yummy on the Breeze, and a much nicer dining experience than the Lido buffet at lunch!

I read you can go to cucina de capitano for lunch and it's free. What is the menu like? Is it comparable to the dinner menu?

The dinner menu was much more comprehensive and supposedly much tastier than the free fare at lunch.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/cucinamenupdf.ashx

All things considered, we're going to try CDC the next time we're on the Magic. I think the family style of serving will make it that much more fun!

I read you can go to cucina de capitano for lunch and it's free. What is the menu like? Is it comparable to the dinner menu?

Haven't done any extra-pay dinners, but I love the free pasta bar for lunch up there. It may not be the same quality as dinner, but it is still very very very good. We usually go there for our embarkation lunch, since it will get busier later in the week. You get to pick what type of pasta, what type of sauce (about 3 choices for each), and choose from the toppings (plenty of them). You are not limited to just 1 topping. You can choose them all if you want. My favorite lunch spot on the ship.

We're booked on the Breeze for our next cruise. I looked at the dinner menu for the Cucina del Capitano and was disappointed that lasagna is not offered. I'm wondering if that's due to the limitations of the galley.

We're booked on the Breeze for our next cruise. I looked at the dinner menu for the Cucina del Capitano and was disappointed that lasagna is not offered. I'm wondering if that's due to the limitations of the galley.

Lasagna is easy to make, heck, If I can make it, CCL's galleys certainly can too! I love Lasagna, but maybe they considered it has become too typical of an Italian dish, like Spaghetti and meatballs, which I also love!

I guess I'm not adventuresome when it comes to Italian food, as I still love a good Chicken Parm!

Went to CDC for both lunch and dinner on the Breeze last year. Both were excellent.

As mentioned, the lunch menu is free, but there is a limited selection. Food was very good.

At dinner, there were 8 of us and they brought out one of every appetizer for us to share. All were delicious and it was nice to be able to try something that you might not have otherwise ordered. Portion sizes of the entrees (I had the chicken parm) were huge. Well worth the price and I would definitely eat there again.