New freedom info

golfer1903

OK who's been on the freedom since upgrades. Any thing new in the balcony rooms? Never been in them so I guess I dont know whats better even if they did change them, but tell me anyways,

new beds?

carpet?

anything.

are there safes?

I heard there are small fridges in the rooms is that true????

Can I keep my waters cold without having to look for ice.

Lastley how comfortable are the couch beds I got 4 people in one balcony room.

thanks

I've been on the Freedom twice, though not since the upgrades.

I had a balcony cabin both times on the Lido deck. All balcony cabins have a small refrigerator. If you have bottled water to keep cold, you will have to empty the mini bar liquors, beers and soda they put in there.

Sometimes your room steward will take them or you can just put them on the counter.

I've never had 4 in a cabin so not sure about the couch.

About the safe in the cabin, they are in all cabins.

Hope that helps

I've been on the Freedom twice, though not since the upgrades.

I had a balcony cabin both times on the Lido deck. All balcony cabins have a small refrigerator. If you have bottled water to keep cold, you will have to empty the mini bar liquors, beers and soda they put in there.

Sometimes your room steward will take them or you can just put them on the counter.

I've never had 4 in a cabin so not sure about the couch.

About the safe in the cabin, they are in all cabins.

Hope that helps

Refrigerator keeps items cool, not cold. Safe, is the card swipe variety.

Was on the Freedom may 10-18th. Added some bars (not all done) and Guys burgers, some cosmetic upgrades (carpet and paint). We left late about 6:00PM on the 10th because they were loading lots of construction supplies. Camp carnival (now Camp ocean) was still closed. The kids were in every meeting room and unused space on the ship. Part of the upper deck was closed near the serenity deck and they were doing doing some deck repairs around the walking track. I talked with one of the officers and the plumbing for the pools and hot tubs will be replaced soon. He said they will be closed for most of one of the 6 day cruises comming up soon.

The Freedom was always a good ship, the last Conquest ship built. It is just better now. I think they could of used another week in drydock to finish the referb.

Part of the upper deck was closed near the serenity deck and they were doing doing some deck repairs around the walking track. I talked with one of the officers and the plumbing for the pools and hot tubs will be replaced soon. He said they will be closed for most of one of the 6 day cruises comming up soon.

The Freedom was always a good ship, the last Conquest ship built. It is just better now. I think they could of used another week in drydock to finish the referb.

I hope the "refurbishing" is completed by June 22. I cannot imagine cruising without pools and hot tubs in working order.

First time on the Freedom and I love this ship. There was construction going on the port side on the serenity deck and aft hot tub was closed. Still it didn't take away from the fun. I had a balcony cabin on Lido deck 9254 which was awesome. They staff was was great. Really wish I was doing a back to back.

thanks!

I too am anxiously awaiting any and all feedback from recent cruisers on the Freedom, post 2.0

I already love the ship, but have not been on her since 2010, and am eagerly awaiting my cruise in November. :)

First time on the Freedom and I love this ship. There was construction going on the port side on the serenity deck and aft hot tub was closed. Still it didn't take away from the fun. I had a balcony cabin on Lido deck 9254 which was awesome. They staff was was great. Really wish I was doing a back to back.

Did they have the new tables in the MDR so they could do away with the tablecloths?

Did they have the new tables in the MDR so they could do away with the tablecloths?

No. I looked they are plywood with a padded cover stapled to them. No way to go without tablecloths unless they replace the tables.

No. I looked they are plywood with a padded cover stapled to them. No way to go without tablecloths unless they replace the tables.

Thanks. That's how they were on Liberty. Since Freedom just went through dry dock & they didn't replace the tables, maybe they are re-thinking the "no tablecloth" issue.

We had a balcony cabin on the Verandah mid-ship (8296) We had 4, worked out OK. Myself, DW, 2 DD 17 and 15. When at the cabin I used the Balcony a lot. I did use the fridge had enough room for a couple of bottles of water or coke. Safe used an old credit card.

Oh boy - we're doing the happy dance! It was not a make or break thing and we still would have enjoyed our meals, but I do love having the tablecloths - it makes it so much more of a dining "experience." Even my kids were saying that without the tablecloths it's really not much different than going out to a decent restaurant and they would miss having tablecloths and "fancy" dinners!

Any input from anyone on the new Camp Ocean or any of the other upgrades? Also, was there any live jazz?

Oh boy - we're doing the happy dance! It was not a make or break thing and we still would have enjoyed our meals, but I do love having the tablecloths - it makes it so much more of a dining "experience." Even my kids were saying that without the tablecloths it's really not much different than going out to a decent restaurant and they would miss having tablecloths and "fancy" dinners!

Any input from anyone on the new Camp Ocean or any of the other upgrades? Also, was there any live jazz?

I'm still searching out threads, but I'm 99.9% sure that I read American Table and Feast were coming to the Freedom. I'm scouring threads and FB posts to find the info.

We'd also love some Camp Ocean and Bookville pictures and reviews. We're getting ready to book a cruise on the Freedom later this year and want to make sure it's a change for the better. We're going to spend 34 roundtrip hours in a car just for the new and improved kids club :rolleyes:

Edited by Carnival_Brides

It was posted on Facebook - John's FB page that the American Table would start in June on the Freedom.

Sorry - I am not thrilled either - we sail in July and am trying to keep an open mind!

Tammi

I'm still searching out threads, but I'm 99.9% sure that I read American Table and Feast were coming to the Freedom. I'm scouring threads and FB posts to find the info.

We'd also love some Camp Ocean and Bookville pictures and reviews. We're getting ready to book a cruise on the Freedom later this year and want to make sure it's a change for the better. We're going to spend 34 roundtrip hours in a car just for the new and improved kids club :rolleyes:

John Heald posted a pic of Camp Ocean and Bookville the other day on his FB page.

John Heald posted a pic of Camp Ocean and Bookville the other day on his FB page.

I know. Unfortunately they were a low resolution and show very little detail (ie the inside of Bookville). I know John tries to get pictures up, but he seems to have better success when he's CD and can ask photographers to take pictures of the new venues.

The one thing that hasn't been answered is if adults are allowed in Bookville. Normally, no one (other than staff and registered campers) are allowed in the kid's areas, but the press release said that families will be able to join their camper to read books--I'm wondering how they'll handle that.