Haven - has anyone gone back to regular cabins?

While the Haven was "nice" for a splurge, I'd personally rather sail 2-3 more times each year in a more affordable Oceanview or Balcony cabin. Heck, we've even done a couple Insides - by choice! LOL

We were just not that into using the butler or concierge, and wound up making all the arrangements and doing things ourselves anyway. We also enjoy eating whenever and wherever we want, so Cagneys and the Haven Suite itself was kind of wasted on us.

Thank goodness there are cabin choices for every type of cruiser!

We enjoy the suites, but when we did the 12 day Med last year, we knew we would be off the ship all the time, only 2 sea days, and would not be around to enjoy the suite perks, so we booked a balcony. It worked out that when we returned back to the ship at the end of the day, we were too exhausted to do much but eat, relax, and go to bed.

But our next two cruises we have suites booked. :)

A port intensive cruise is when I really appreciate the butler bringing dinner to the room. I order, shower, put on the pjs and relax for the next day's port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were upsold to the Owner's Suite on the Pearl on the third leg of our first cruise. We have not been able to book anything but a suite since then. :o We have sailed the Star and the Sun which do not have the Haven and we have been perfectly happy, probably because we don't sun by the pool. As long as we have the suite perks and a nice cabin we are happy with or without the Haven.

Our cruise last month on the Getaway was in a Spa suite. Loved it a lot and took full advantage of the in-room jetted tub. Had a suite one other time on Carnival and there is no comparison to NCL. The room on Carnival was very nice but there were no other perks or extras, no butler, no concierge, no treats in the afternoon... you get the picture.

I will do everything in my power to afford a suite again. I usually only take one vacation a year. I'm self employed so there is no paid vacation so I try to use my time wisely. I'm not married so it's usually me and a sister and we split the costs. We are older, in our 50's and 60's so we just have to pay for ourselves.

We have I cruised other lines out of necessity for about 4 years , still in 2br suites, but always miss the Courtyard (now Haven) on NCL.

Pretty sure that after our pending Getaway we will be once again hopelessly addicted to NCL...

It is nice to get the upgraded experience for the same price as a suite without the retreat on RCL....

Nora