My first review attempt!!! – Carnival Splendor May 12-20th w/pics!!

cruisinbabs

hi Bri (is it ok for me to call you that?? or do you hate that like I hate being called Barbie.. cause I am no barbie doll..)

I am multitasking at work.. process some invoices, take a CC break.. process some more paperwork.. process some more CC review..

Hope you are still enjoying my review and thank you for following along!:)

Yes you can call me "Bri".....everybody calls me that. I am definitely still enjoying your review. In fact I am looking at the Carnival Splendor for a cruise in March

Really enjoying your review. You have me laughing quite a few times already. I can tell you are a lot of fun.

Looking fwd to the rest as I will be on her for the repositioning in Nov from SJ to Miami

But wait!!!.... Before we head to Times Square.. Breakaway is in port today!! Gotta go see her first!!!

DSCN2503_zps846f7610.jpg

---Because I am obsessed like that...

I was on Breakaway on Mother's Day! Sorry I didn't know you were in town or I would have waved from my balcony.;)

Edited by cruise pup

Great review so far. Love your writing style and am enjoying your selfies!!

Thanks Stacy! I am hoping to write some more today on one of my many breaks i take at work.. shhhh dont tell my boss...lol

Thanks for following along!

Yes you can call me "Bri".....everybody calls me that. I am definitely still enjoying your review. In fact I am looking at the Carnival Splendor for a cruise in March

Okie dokie! good to know. I enjoyed the splendor very much.. I mean she is showing some wear and tear in tiny itty bitty spots, but the crew is always working on her and cleaning something... she was a neat ship and knowing she is the only one for this class makes her special in my eyes.

a dream class ship is on my bucket someday.. :-)

Really enjoying your review. You have me laughing quite a few times already. I can tell you are a lot of fun.

Looking fwd to the rest as I will be on her for the repositioning in Nov from SJ to Miami

Thank you so much kfoot.. means a lot to me that people are enjoying my review.. I am not moving as fast as I want to but I am going to keep plugging along at it.. (they are a lot of work and take time!).... I am glad I can make someone laugh cause I like to laugh.. and I just call things as I see them.. :D

Enjoying reading your review. I live in NY and will be on the Splendor in a few weeks. Love seeing how you have experienced this adventure.

right on! you doing the same itin? If so I will try to plug this puppy along!! If not same itin, which one are you doing? :D

I was on Breakaway on Mother's Day! Sorry I didn't know you were in town or I would have waved from my balcony.;)

Thats awesome!! She is one big mama jama... she is a sight for sure.. i might have seen you as I was trying to get a pic of her leaving out my hotel room window.. lol.. they are lucky the window couldnt open!

Thats awesome!! She is one big mama jama... she is a sight for sure.. i might have seen you as I was trying to get a pic of her leaving out my hotel room window.. lol.. they are lucky the window couldnt open!
Yup, she sure be a bigun. Best of all, my balcony was on the side of the ship where you can view the fireworks. Yup, they do fireworks - take a look at my photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42803112&postcount=1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42803129&postcount=2

Yup, she sure be a bigun. Best of all, my balcony was on the side of the ship where you can view the fireworks. Yup, they do fireworks - take a look at my photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42803112&postcount=1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42803129&postcount=2

oh i want fireworks!!! that is so awesome

After we sit in the lounge for a little bit they were ready to start boarding! A Carnival rep told us to stand up because we were going to follow them so we can board the ship.. this was approx. 11:30… We follow the rep around a couple of rope isles (missed our boarding picture too which I was kind of peeved about.. but oh well)…. And the best thing ever a cruiser can hear… **DING**!!!

DSCN2560_zps1c4f7ad1.jpg

DSCN2561_zpse0f77a79.jpg

As soon as we boarded I beelined to the Excursion desk to book my Behind the Fun tour..

DSCN2563_zps37210ab2.jpg

--Atrium Lobby area

I bet you are wondering about mom huh.. no worries she showed up on board about 2 min later after we got on board and she met us in line..

We waited a few min in line, then it was our turn for booking our excursions!

Now…. The lady at the desk Inyu.. she was so sweet.. please bear with me on this next little installment..

She had told us her computer was down and she was unable to see what was available and to make sure there was enough room for all of us.. She had to old school it and write our names and folio number down in a binder. She let us know that if there were tickets available for what we want they will send tickets to our cabin later that evening… ok fair enough.. works for me…. So I knew the first one I wanted to book for sure was the behind the fun tour with mom (hubs opted out of it)… we were first on the list for that… cool… next up we knew we wanted to do the helicopter tour in Grand Turk so we put our names down for that.. again, names were towards top of list… yay!!!

Right before I started to step away, something told me to ask about a cabana at HMC.. mind you I had been stalking the website for the past 3 months just in case one opened up.. no luck.. I figured the worst they could say is no that they did not have any available.. Inyu then leaned over to the other crew member that was helping assign a cabana to a lucky dog that was able to reserve it online and asked if there were any cabanas available… no joke I thought I was in a dream and he said YES! I about needed to go change my pants cause I couldn’t believe that they had one available.. then she proceeded to pull out the map where the cabanas were located and told us 3 numbers were available and we chose cabana #11 (snafu later when we get there.. but that is later in the review)… far enough away from the main crowded entrance and close to a bathroom for mom.. we filled out our preference for drinks and our sizes for snorkeling gear… Inyu told us that our tickets will be sent to our cabin later that evening… I was still in total utter shock that we GOT A D@MN CABANA IN HMC.. WOOT!!! (except now that was 229 bucks we were not planning on spending but oh well.. YO-LOWWWWWW!!)

Now we were still up in the air about Nassau on what we wanted to do and played it by ear throughout the week to figure out what we wanted to do.

Sure enough our tickets were delivered later that evening.. woot woot!!!!

IMG_7519_zps5b80a870.jpg

--I wanted to do this on my Conquest cruise but never got to.. so I made sure I did it this time.

IMG_7518_zpsb6d26181.jpg

---Crossing another thing off my bucket list!!!

IMG_7520_zps750aec82.jpg

---I was still in SHOCK that we got a Cabana!!!

These were a tad out of order posting this.. but it fit what happened.

Shore excursions---CHECK!!!

Now lets go get some food and get our drink on!!!!

There is nothing better than walking onto the lido deck, hearing music bumpin.. ::unce unce unce unce::…… first stop, Lido bar to get our DOD to get this vacation OFFICIALLY STARTED!!!!

DSCN2564_zps602af51f.jpg

---This is the moment you realize vacation has started.

bestdayever_zpse0227fc7.jpg

---Pretty much sums it up... mind you there were three drinks on the counter and before I could take a pic... this is going on ....

IMG_7515_zpsa4001817.jpg

---Mom wasting no time at all.. go mom.

DSCN2566_zpsf06eb818.jpg

---After we down our drinks, lets get our grub on.. Husband heads to the lido grill to get his cheeseburger and fries.. Granted there is no Guy’s burger on this ship but I can’t compare because I have never had Guy’s burgers before. It was fresh and hot off the grill and made the husband happy.. Myself and mom went and attacked the burrito bar.. OM NOM NOM NOM!!! So we head up a deck to find a table.. we met here a quite a few times with each other and other Splendidos.

DSCN2568_zps38e1cf41.jpg

DSCN2572_zps1108f0e5.jpg

---I think mom was getting irritated with me..?? She gave me that "really?" look... I don't care how old you are and still at 35 years old your momma can whoop your backside with just "the look".. never ever..ever.. make momma mad... LOVE YOU MOM!!!