Question abour cabin with couch and twin

Only one real bed? I've never heard of this before. What cabin number is it, I'd be interested looking it up on cruise deck plans. I've slept on the convert alb sofa and it's ok, I bought a egg crate with me to soften it up a little but you should be fine.

Edited by Midwestgal

It's not really a pull out couch, it's a sofa like is in a regular OV or BL that is made up as a bed at night. It's very comfortable, I've had several of them........these cabins are a great value and offer so much floor space compaired to a regular inside cabin with 2 twins.....some even have portholes so you end up getting basically an OV cabin for the price of a 1A.

HI all!

I had a cabin with a single bed & a sofa on Breeze, a 2 port hole #2217.

I was solo so didn't see if the sofa bed was comfortable or even if it pulled out. Here's a little picture of it. I'd take it again but recently had a cove balcony which was really nice.

SDC10075.jpg.d03cf16d630c08353afad8af96a341db.jpg

~ Jo ~ :)

Are you sure the sleep sofa is a pull out mattress? I thought the sleep sofas were like a day bed that had the bolsters removed so that it becomes a single bed.

The daybed type is very comfortable according to my 30 y.o daughter who has slept in several on Carnival cruises.

One word of warning, once that sofa is made up into a bed, it will not be returned to the sofa configuration (cover and bolsters) for the entire cruise. This will only leave you with two beds to sit on during the day.

And yes, I have tried to have the bed return to a sofa and was told it was not Carnival policy to do so. I have read other threads on here that make the same statements about the sofa remaining a bed during the day.

Only one real bed? I've never heard of this before. What cabin number is it, I'd be interested looking it up on cruise deck plans. I've slept on the convert alb sofa and it's ok, I bought a egg crate with me to soften it up a little but you should be fine.

Most of the porthole cabins have that setup. The couch makes a very comfortable bed. The advantage of the room is that you have porthole windows but are charged as little or less than an inner room. Because the rooms have only one twin bed and the couch with coffee table it makes it feel very spacious in the room which is lovely when you're traveling solo. The only disadvantage of the porthole cabins is that they are at the front of the ship and during rough seas the water hits the front of the ship with great force creating a loud noise. One night when the sea was rough the water hit the side of the ship so hard that I thought something had hit the ship. I called the desk to ask if anything was wrong and they burst out laughing and told me it was just the waves hitting the ship. I didn't notice any noise problem on the nights when the sea was calmer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app