Alfredo's on Royal have a Cover Charge?

dedosr

Yes quite true,but aren't we the ones that took a Princess cruises in the past, reached various loyalty benefits and now are being treated thus :mad:.

Having said that, we also cruise on Celebrity who also are having issues on how their regular cruisers also feel that they are being sold short!

One difference is where Princess has changed pricing on some optional items that one may choose to use or not, Celebrity increased drink prices and cut a substantial number of items out of their drink packages that people had either already purchased or had selected as part of a promotion.

Doubling the prices at The Sanctuary resulted in less crowds...on a good weather sea day my wife was the only person there with 3 attendants to assist her. Princess has raised the price to the point where too many times it's empty which will be the same thing at Alfredo's Pizzeria. Then it would look like the adjacent Vines Shop/Celebrations which rarely has anybody in it and is another underutilized location.

Overcrowding? During traditional meal times ALL dining locations are overcrowded! What's next...a fee for eating at popular times to reduce overcrowding? My experience during 18 days (10 sea days) on the Royal last fall was there were many times when hardly anyone was at Alfredo's. Be honest Princess because it's a way to force people to buy an alcoholic drink or even worse to pay for it and to get nothing! :mad:

Shhh, don't talk so loud. I don't want them to start using them darn token from the laundry room in the public bathrooms!!! :eek:

Hi All

Princess says, , from time to time, we re-evaluate our onboard pricing, also taking into account guest demand for certain offerings and services. Two changes that have occurred as a result, first occurring on Regal Princess, are a $3 delivery charge for room service, and $10 per guest charge for Alfredo's Pizzeria, which now also includes a beverage. The intent is to introduce these charges across the fleet.

yours Shogun

Having lived within 30 miles of Walt Disney World since before Epcot opened, and watching the changes since Walt's death, and how the GREED took over the corporation, I am reminded of that tradition with Princess going from a "creep" to a "gallop!"

This makes it extremely difficult to PLAN for a cruise and budget for same, when out of the blue some EXEC decides it's time to raise prices! I have already booked my cruises on the Royal, budgeted my expenses based on what they were a mere year ago, and now I am introduced to NEW expenses that appeared like "magic". From the same Greed Machine as they did from Disney?? I sure hope not. Mickey Arison, IMHO, has never been a very astute businessman. He got his start from his dad, who was in fact, a very keen businessman. Way back when Mickey was a kid I worked with a computer company that helped put Arison Shipping and their first cruise ship online.

But that is all beside the point. When business decisions are made in the middle of the "game" that impacts the initial game plan, something is missing in the business planning process! Observe, evaluate and assess, decide if change is needed, then implement, if necessary, with adequate advance notice! Adding an additional charge in the middle of a cruise is more BAIT and SWITCH than it is business planning.

And that's my 5 cents worth. (Oh, I had a slight increase in prices during my post and regret any inconvenience this additional 3-cents may cause!)

Be well, Shogun! I always enjoy and appreciate your input.

Larry

According to a CCL engineer (involved with construction of all CCL ships) who spoke on the Royal it's Mickey Arison who sets a price he's willing to pay & he won't budge to pay for any cost overruns. Besides the things you mentioned it probably was the cause of the 2nd midship pool becoming a splash pool. Someone posted that during a UST they were told by not finishing off the stairs above deck 7 it's saved $3 million. To me that was a foolish way to save a small percentage of the total cost of the ship. Management responded to the lack of an aft pool and added one to the Regal (it looks like a 4" deep spa to me) however they still refuse to finish the midship stairs for passenger usage which to me is another bad decision.

Maybe he needs the extra money to pay his Miami Heat players?

This is why Arison is getting his butt kicked by the Royal Caribbean brands when it comes to market share. We enjoy Princess, but are now as likely to go with Royal Caribbean and we 'll eventually try Celebrity.

One difference is where Princess has changed pricing on some optional items that one may choose to use or not, Celebrity increased drink prices and cut a substantial number of items out of their drink packages that people had either already purchased or had selected as part of a promotion.

Tell the rest lol Celebrity listened and the classic packages is pretty much now what it used to be and they posted a new list. No list posted on Princess just price limits for what is included in the pkgs so you don't know what you get. They could raise the drink prices before you board (within their right) so you may not get what you had the last cruise. The cruise lines do what they have to do to increase the bottom line.

I was looking forward to trying Alfredo's on the Royal, however if they start charging after I have booked my cruise, we will not be going there :(

I know it's only $10 but it's the principle and unfortunately I feel it's the beginning of many more charges....

I was looking forward to trying Alfredo's on the Royal, however if they start charging after I have booked my cruise, we will not be going there :(

I know it's only $10 but it's the principle and unfortunately I feel it's the beginning of many more charges....

Considering how far in advance some people buy cruises, it's unreasonable to expect that prices on board will always be the same as when people booked -- that would mean Princess had to plan out every minor price change over two years in advance!

However, it is not unreasonable to expect Princess to have the correct information on their website about current charges, or communicate price changes in advance to booked passengers.

It's really the, way Princess has handled this that has made it a much bigger mess.