Monitoring price drops

sugarnyc

Cruise Critic has a price drop tool advertized prominently in big letters on their home page :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/?src=tocc_sm

You can subscribe to price drop alerts.

There is also one website where you can look up price history for specific cruises. However, it charges a small subscription fee for price alerts. You'll have to Google it because Cruise Critic splats out the name so they don't want any one mentioning it by name.

Edited by kylenyc

The advantage of that website is that it checks almost hourly and can email you. You only pay (per cruise) if if want those automatic notifications.

There are lots of drops that are good for less than 24 hours, so it is worth it. If you use only the weekly CC one odds are you'll miss those short term drops that come and go before the weekly CC email.

The very first drop the website notified me about was enough $ to track a lifetime of cruises. Add to that last minute drops on unsold cabins (for upgrades if anything else) and it is even more valuable.

Can you tell us more about upgrading using the pricing on the unsold cabins at the last minute?

I was thinking about trying something like that to go from a balcony to a mini suite or more, but haven't figured out how it would work out just yet.

Thanks,

Sara :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Can you tell us more about upgrading using the pricing on the unsold cabins at the last minute?

I was thinking about trying something like that to go from a balcony to a mini suite or more, but haven't figured out how it would work out just yet.

Thanks,

Sara :p

I have done that several times - you have to do it by contacting NCL directly or if you have booked with a TA, then he/she has to do it on your behalf. If there are cabins available at a higher category cabin than the one you have already booked and paid for, then you only pay the difference between what you have originally paid and the new price for the higher category cabin. But be aware that you probably would loose the promotional perks you might have on your original booking, and instead get the perks that might be offered together with the last minute offerings. So you just have to count the pro's and con's.