taxi to Eze

rockedge

The taxis used to charge about 50 Euros (one way) but we would not be surprised if is now about 60 euros. It is unlikely that you would find taxis just waiting around at Eze Village, so you should make arrangements with the driver who takes you and then pray to the Gods that it's your lucky day and a French taxi actually honors a commitment. Personally, we just rent a car for the entire day which costs us less the the taxi....plus we can the go to wherever we please.

Hank

P. S. We are in Avignon now and the weather is gorgeous

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I would just consider hiring a driver or a taxi for a few hours or half a day. While we enjoyed Eze, we also made a stop at Nice...which we loved.

At the bottom of Eze, there is a parking lot and a tourist office. Plus a few shops. While there is no guarantee, I suspect the tourist office would attempt to call you a return taxi.

Hi Rockedge,

You could try Andre TAXI based in Cap Ferrat. They are recommended by the hotel I stayed in last week Royal Riviera.

We paid €70 from our hotel to Nice airport, in a luxury Mercedes.

andretaxicapferrat@gmail.com

+33 (0) 6 84 78 16 84

+ 33 (0) 6 99 37 60 60

What ever you decide, ensure you use a reputable company as there is a scam in France at the moment whereby people are pretending to be taxis/limo drivers but have no licence. You will not be insured in the event of an accident!

This was a problem during the Cannes Film festival, a person rents a corporate car and drives from Paris etc, and pretends to be a legitimate taxi.

I found this out when booking Dream Tours (recommended by TripAdvisor) and here on Cruisecritic, and have given my account of events on TripAdvisor.

Avoid Dream Tours at all cost!!!

Edited by sakaara
forgot to mention who to avoid

Hi,

I agree with Hiltner ! It will be better and cheaper to rent a car !

If you really want a taxi, you can make a reservation to a "VTC". You already put where you go, when, and you will know the price. So... before entering the car, you know the price ! And they are more friendly than Taxis... No comparison ! And very more comfortable with a bottle of water, the driver ask you if you want to listen music, if you want to talk with him, ... :)